collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Shoujo Experiences  (Read 9634 times)

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 06:50:56 PM
Quote from: "gulamelaka"
Oh gosh, childhood crushes are so embarrassing because the likelihood of confessing is so high. Then when you're all grown up and someone reminds you of it...
OMG. My mother and I were looking through family photos yesterday because I need things to draw, and she saw some young boy I have no memory of. She said that he would go around announcing that I was his girlfriend. While I think that is so adorable that I was adored that way, it truly is terrible how kids just say just about whatever crosses their minds.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Advertise Here

Jay345Sal28

• Cafe Visitor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 09:03:14 PM
:flag:  I guess you could say I would be that side character in a shojo manga/anime? I have a bad habit of falling for unavailable guys and can never muster up the same feelings for nice guy friends who have liked me in the past.. :sad: It makes me feel so horrible cause I know they are sweet and awesome but I just...cant ...and I hate trying to date them cause it feels so fake for me and I dont want to hurt them...i swear i get "dread senses" the minute I can tell that one of my guy friends is gonna confess to me or is starting to like me more as a friend :bash2:
heaven above I need help  :sulk:  :help:

Himawari

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 04:21:17 AM
Hmm for me my shoujo manga experience is quite limited... Somehow I can never tell when a guy is interested in me, and my friends always refuse to tell me, instead only giving me 'hints', which I can never figure out anyway! Once the guy is over his interest, they will tell me... But isn't that too late?!

I have this habit of treating guys as my friends or brothers at first, so when they do come out with their feelings (or not), it's very hard for me to rewind and see them as potential romantic interest. That said, I think I need a guy who confess to me at the first meeting that he likes me before I can even start seeing him as a potential romantic interest. But that's hard to find, seeing as I live in Asia and most of the guys here are more demure and shy then Victorian ladies. (*'*)
Be My Princess ID=697281675, Agnieszka
Ninja Love (Guest acc)=670202011
Celebrity Darling (Guest acc)=670202011, Himawari

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 07:45:24 PM
So today.

I was walking up the stairs and stared at my completely tattered plastic bag of wires, pliers, and knives. And then it completely fell apart right there, spilling its contents all over the ground with an echoing, clattering noise.

I stood there, frowning at the mess on the floor.

Just as I stuffed the shredded bag in my backpack, a nicely dressed guy – like, business suit – who had been sitting at the bottom of the stairs, jogged up next to me and started picking everything up, giving his condolences over how much that sucks when it happens.

I think I'm in love.

...Just kidding.

Maybe he thought I was planning to kill and tie up someone because of what I was handling, though.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 12:30:58 PM
This is my first post after nearly a year.

How many of you play these games while in a relationship? How many of you are married? I know that there are people under both categories on this forum, and (for now) I happen to be under one. Just to say, what I refer to below gets explicit at the end in the nested Spoiler tag under the Hide tag. Yeah, I am not being coy about it. People cannot deny that the particular genre is a popular vein in this society of fetishes and repression, though.

Spoiler  Hidden:
Trigger warning~ BDSM.

I had been playing visual novels in general years longer than specifically otome games. I became trapped by mobile otoge in 2013. A relationship seemed like a far shot for someone with sharp social anxiety and a distaste for human idiocy. I had no idea what the future held in my optimistic pessimism, but I was somewhat mentally preparing myself to be alone forever. As simple as it would be to join some site or actually talk to live people, I was not bothering to search for a partner because I had to sort out my life first, you know, being the quintessential Millennial with crippling depression issues.

As often as I play idealistic otome games of cheesy romance, I do not believe in fantastical romance stories, or quick love that lasts an eternity. I believe in infatuation, and I have had a lot of that without ever striking a conversation with a crush. I had never had a boyfriend, never been on a date, and never had a kiss. I rarely had a friend. People repeatedly dipped me in the role of the quiet person, and it was always a hassle playing up the hyper ditz persona so that people would listen to me.

Being told that I was too dedicated to my online duties during one of my bouts with depression, I decided to leave this forum – at least until I had a better head on me. I had no incentive to stay because I was only an obnoxiously loud, anonymous voice that shallow relations would never chase after with all their might. I continued playing all of my otoge. More, in fact. I had fully cleared the majority of freemium Shall We Date? games, but I am still playing them, partially for my own selfish competitiveness to stay high in the otherwise meaningless rankings. They are all petty efforts to fuel my self-worth.

More than half a year passed, and I received an invitation to attend the Associated Collegiate Press Convention and awards ceremony in Washington, D.C. after one of my illustrations was nominated in Design of the Year. (By the way, I got the national first place award.) It was October 2016. I had finally started settling into my hotel room, and I received a Direct Message through Twitter, asking about my old FanFiction site and requesting an art commission. It was someone I had known in high school and considered a casual friend... seven years ago. Of course it was awkward. He was one of the "maids" I mentioned in the first post of this thread.

We chatted via Twitter. It stunned him how straightforward I was, but I had more or less given up on humans and thought I had nothing to lose. He outlined his clearly questionable past. I dumped on him my 70K-long autobiography of grievances. And he fell in love with me. Ahah. No, not really. He WANTED me. Since love was not at the forefront of my mind, I went along with it. He called me magic and that contacting me was probably the best decision he has ever made. He thought that I might have been a figment of his imagination because he is, by all reason, crazy. He could not understand why other people never saw me the way he does. The experience only served to make him more intoxicated by me, and the last week of December 2016 was the start of my first relationship.

Almost like I have been taking a cue from otoge MCs, I tell him everything, good and bad. Except the difference between me and those stupid protagonists is that my revealing all helps prevent misunderstandings, and we have plenty of those until we realize we are on different pages. We practically send long letters to each other every week or so because we do not see each other often. Well, for me it takes at least a few days to reply because I am a busy person, and I like playing games too much. He actually became a little addicted to visual novels because of me. Many of my messages to him are talking about my bowels or how often I pick my nose. Great stuff like that. He is extremely considerate of my struggles with mysophobia, and he has supported me get up to face my badly needed therapy. Our relationship is based on stark transparency and honesty, but it helps him that my moral disposition tends to quite differ from those around me. Turns out that he had been thinking about me since all the way back in middle school because I was always an anomaly in his perception.

It was hard not to compare him to the tragically villainous, psychotic love interests in so many otome games. By that same coin, it was hard to believe that everything he professed to me was the truth. I was raised like a spoiled, ignorant princess under my fiercely intellectual feminist sensibilities, so I am taking my chances by trusting him. Our relationship is rather divergent from what society and media has girls believing is the standard or ideal in heteronormative culture, and we are both terrified of what may transpire between us. While we consider each other equals, he is my willing servant in public, and I am his willing submissive in private. He knows that he is slowly changing and adapting because of me, when he thought that he would never find someone who would not bore him. I am glad that he accepts me as I am, and that he wants my everything. He has stated that he will wait for me to grow up on my own time, and I intend to wait for him as he deals with his promises. That means years.

However, we are not deluding ourselves with forever. If our relationship recedes, I am sure that it will be on good terms because I want us to remain friends no matter what. Or it will be bittersweet; he is aware that his choices might end his life early. I originally wanted someone younger, who would not die before me, but I am fairly doubtful that I can find something as oddly fitting as this. We are real, imperfect humans. This is reality, not some game or book. Our relationship has barely sprouted.

Spoiler  MATURE CONTENT:
You must be a registered user to view this.
Login Here

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 06:34:42 PM
Hey Aiwethryne welcome back and congrats on the design award! I was wondering what happened to you. I wanted to respond yesterday but I didn't have time to write out a well thought out response with it being Valentine's day and all.
Spoiler  Hidden:
Login Here

Also to answer your question, I'm one of those people that is in a relationship while playing these games. My bf has no opinion of it lol but he started playing some himself. He's currently playing one and he absolutely hates it, but he's still playing. When I ask him why, he just says it's because he doesn't like stopping in the middle of a game lol.

And since this is a shoujo experience thread I should keep with the theme and post a story too. This was a very brief encounter but it felt like something you would see in a manga or something. My best friend and I were traveling together overseas in Asia one year and we wound up in a theme park at some point with a tour group. We wandered around looking for something fun to do since everything we got on just seemed like a rip off of some ride in the states. Late in the day we were so bored we went to play some carnival games for the lack of anything better to do. I some how was able to get three perfect shots into a tiny (as in barely able to fit the ball through sized) basketball hoop and won myself a giant clifford doll. As we were leaving the area, someone dressed in a giant chicken costume passes us which would be nothing out of the ordinary since we were in a theme park but then something with a lot of force (even though I wasn't touched) spins me around as the person passes.  When I got my bearings back, the person in the giant chicken costume was already a good distance away but they turned around and was staring back at me. We just stared at each other for a bit and then the chicken went on it's way. It was so weird and surreal and I guess more creepy than shoujo lol depends how you look at it I guess! XD
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:15:56 PM by kokoro-cafe »

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 02:26:49 PM
Ooh. Shoujo experiences, huh.

And lol at the chicken costume.

I guess I have one shoujo experience. Sort of.

I was younger back then, and this was my first job. I worked as an HR assistant in retail, so meeting new people was something that occurred on a daily basis.

There came a time when we were making preparations for the grand store opening. Part of my job was to handle the paperwork for some staff coming from another city to help out - of course, that also meant I was in charge of issuing the uniforms.

So there was this one guy that approached me who needed a uniform. He was kind of cute and, well, being the young me that I was, couldn't help but smile at this guy. I don't like flirting in the office, but hey, a smile never hurt anyone - so that's what I gave him. For about a second or so, I looked him in the eye and gave him what I thought was my sweetest smile. That was it.

And boy did that work too much on him.

After I issued him the uniform, of course, I had plenty of other tasks to perform, but I ended up crossing paths with him a lot during the remainder of the afternoon - so much that anyone would know he was doing it on purpose. Friggin' obvious, I tell you. I was starting to be conscious of it because I was afraid my boss would notice (not that there was anything wrong since I wasn't entertaining him, but me being a rookie with work at the time, I thought that it was a big deal). I tried to keep any conversation he started as short as possible.

By early evening we bumped into each other again - much to my chagrin - and he was holding out his phone -_- I knew what he intended to do because even though I was speaking with someone else, he stood by the corner to wait for me to finish talking. Sure enough, he stopped me and tried to ask for my number. When I asked him why, he just said, "Because I want you."

Ugh. Major turn-off. I just said, "Sorry, I'm still busy." And left without waiting for a reply.

Talk about creepy. Hahaha. That's all. Bow, thank you.

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
Ooo yeah, that does sound creepy lol the "I want you" at the end is definitely a major turn off.

Maybe there should be a thread of just bad experiences lol I have a couple I can think of >_<

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 11:51:24 PM
Haha that's kinda sad! Though yes indeed we do have a lot of these unfortunate experiences. Haha.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have experienced any mushy shoujo moment. I used to have potential sweet memories in high school, only back then, I didn't like it when someone I liked showed signs that they liked me back. It was odd. The moment I started sensing it - like they send me exclusive good-morning texts and stuff - I started to distance myself.

Probably because I was a kid. Hahaha

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 07:18:07 AM
Lol! I had the same problem! Whenever someone I was interested in showed signs I was always like "I'm out!" Always thought it was my fear of committing to anything back then.

I had a few shoujo-ish moments I think? When I look back at those moments I always think I was just being super immature lol.

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 01:49:16 AM
Haha same boat, we are! Maybe we just weren't ready for a mutual thing? back then? Haha XD

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 06:27:30 AM
Lol I think it was because I just didn't know what I wanted at the time.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 04:26:42 PM
I rarely interact with people in real life, so there were not many opportunities for people to reach a level of evident interest toward me. The only time I really noticed that someone was... probably hitting on me was when I was in the Philippines. I was in a museum, and a young cop started chatting me up and tried to get my phone number and nonexistent Facebook handle. I had no idea what he said half the time, but my instinctual thought was that he could be corrupt. Since I have mean streaks and was only in the country for a few weeks, all I wanted to do was to pull his strings like a puppet to see what happens. Alas, a relative went to get me and shooed the guy away before I could give any information.

A not at all dorky shoujo experience that weirded me out was when some guy invited me to hang out with him at a mall. I was, like, whatever. I immediately wanted to use him to my benefit, i.e. provide transportation, buy me things, and take me to conventions. About an hour later he also invited some other girl. He drove us to his house instead... >__> I was fully prepared to fend him off if I needed to, but he lived with his parents. It was obvious he only wanted us there because he was lonely. He talked about his past breakup, and he started flirting with the other girl. I was bored out of my mind over what constituted as "hanging out" to him, so he took me home. From then on, he drove the other girl to school, but I do not think they were dating. He thought that I had ADHD, so it made it easy not to give him a reason to ask me to hang out with him again.

I could elaborate on every thought and detail that happened during those two events, but I'll hold back. Everything I say sort of outlines my tendencies when it comes to men. XD;; Although I have intense fantasies about ending up in romantic situations, I usually see guys as potential servants to do my bidding. One even called me Mistress, a memory that only returned to me after I decided to start my relationship with my significant other. While I thought of my SO as one of my maids when I was sixteen, he admitted that he thought of me as a maid who would live in his basement back then, too... But in high school, I knew that I could not handle a relationship because my mysophobia ruled all of my actions.

Login Here

"Because I want you."
Uhh... Err... I certainly would have been annoyed at that blatant persistence, but I wonder how many people that line would have worked on. As shown by my own admission a few posts ago, a part of me would have maniacally loved to hear that to experiment just how far he is willing to bend backward for me. There is no way of knowing what behavior I would have exhibited unless it actually happened that way, but your instance occurred over the span of less than a day. Way too early. I would not even consider it now, but the story value is what would have amused me.

Side note. The forum's WYSIWYG can be such a pain.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:28:36 AM by Aiwethryne »

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 09:03:00 AM
@Aiwethryne 
Spoiler  Hidden:
Login Here

Yeah the WYSIWYG editor isn't perfect unfortunately but it is the best one available. Luckily you can toggle between bbcode and WYSIWYG if you are having problems. I'm working on a tutorial for the editor, hopefully it will help.

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #29 on: February 21, 2017, 12:07:45 PM
The programming/coding/something-related-to-programming jargon sounds cool. Still hoping someday I can study programming and pursue my dream.

@Aiwethryne very interesting experiences you have haha. I think a lot of my significant "shoujo" experiences in life (i.e. how my relationships started) usually happen within a short time frame I suppose, but then again, that depends on what is short or long for a person.

I suppose the most shoujo thing that ever happened to me thus far was what I would consider the prologue to my current relationship. Admittedly, the circumstances were rather questionable - it was one of those whatever-makes-you-happy-I-guess situations. The ideal was that my best friend would accept my decision, continue to hang out with me, and I'd do my best to avoid mentioning anything regarding that particular situation to her.

I certainly didn't expect her to turn her back on me.

And neither did I expect the wave of gossip and slander that followed after as well. I said nothing to no one. I was certain that I acted normal, so I was pissed off that [bleep] hit the fan real fast just because of other people having nothing to do except talk about other people's lives... though, to be perfectly honest, what really boiled my blood was that we were all adults. We were "professionals". It wasn't supposed to be high school drama, part 2.

Well anyway, not being a fan of any sort of drama, I decided to just accept whatever the hell best friend decided. If she wanted nothing to do with me anymore, then that's just fine. I can burn that bridge.

Actually, I burned a lot of bridges that time. lol.

Well, that was something that occurred a year ago though. Best friend and I eventually managed to rebuild our bridge after about a month or so. My boyfriend and I are still together (hooray) and it's all good. haha ^_^
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:14:14 PM by Ether »

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Auto Shoujo Title

Started by Aiwethryne on General Discussions

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2014, 02:00:20 AM
by Aiwethryne

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?