collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  How do you deal with...  (Read 3945 times)

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
on: February 19, 2017, 01:12:02 PM
...difficult personalities?

I just spoke with a friend yesterday. She works at this place where I used to work as well, and she was telling me there was this new girl who had such a terrible attitude. Terrible meaning, while with a group of people, she would make up stuff about someone, usually something that would damage the reputation of that person... it's not even an exaggeration of an event. It was literally something that never happened.

To make matters worse, the stuff she'd make up aren't quite simple things either. An example is, she'd say one of the men in the office got her pregnant! That's kind of overboard for making something up, don't you think? And they never even got in a room or were alone at all.

So I thought about it for a bit. Normally the best option would be to ignore someone like this, don't give them attention. But what if you needed to deal with this person on a daily basis? Like a co-worker, or your subordinate at work.

I for one wouldn't be sure how I'd go about it. I suppose speaking to the HR in charge would be the best bet, but what if you're the HR personnel? Haha.

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1940.0

Advertise Here

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:45:08 PM
The only difficult people I ever experience in person are more than likely in the autistic spectrum. One guy like that will not stop talking and seems rather incapable of picking up cues that people are uncomfortable or do not care, and people are usually too nice and let him prattle on forever, never saying a word to quiet him. Even hearing from others, it is usually the high-functioning autistic people who they feel that they must report because they inadvertently do socially inappropriate stuff.

When the guy mentioned above tried to ask me a question after asking another the same exact thing, I ignored him the entire time because I wanted him to hurry and leave. He asked about five more times while I just played games on my phone. Then he asked the question in Spanish a few more times. It was obvious it was the same question, but I kept thinking, 'Hey, man. I'm Asian.' Then he peered over my shoulder to see what I was playing. All I could do was mentally sigh until he left of his own will.

There was one girl online who I was extremely sure had a level of autism, so I decided that the only thing I could do was to tell her everything straight. I compiled everything I disliked about her behavior and revealed that everyone else agreed. She was obviously offended because I did nothing to sugarcoat my words, assuming that she would misinterpret yet another thing if I danced around the issue, and an incident broke out. Yay~ People usually do not like it when I am honest because I tend to sound unabashedly patronizing.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:21:43 AM
I really hate office politics, I'm like you where I would just try to stay out of it. Personally, I think getting involved directly could just make her act even worse. I would say just cut the conversation short when she starts talking about anything besides work that way she gets the hint you aren't interested in gossiping. Hopefully her lies get back to the people involved and they file a formal complaint with HR so HR can intervene, otherwise it will just be lots of office drama.

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:51:59 AM
But then the trouble is the management themselves love drama.

My old office had such terrible management. During my first job, my boss was just strict and mean. Despite that, she knew how to properly do her job though, and part of what I had observed was that she would never encourage gossiping - in fact, she would warn any of the staff that if they can't shut their mouths then it would mean trouble.

But my last office (which would be my second job), it was terrible. Supervisors would just stand in the middle of production floor and whisper among themselves, obviously gossiping!

The only other manager that was in his right mind only worked at the company part time and he was incognizant of the goings-on in the office. You try to talk to him about the gossiping, he would listen politely, but you could tell that he had already disregarded the issue, believing that the management was not that petty.

Ugh. He had no idea.

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 08:16:24 PM
Yeah, at that point it would just be a matter of how much can you avoid the gossip and/or ignore it/put up with it. I personally think HR and management has a responsibility in having to deal with it to make it a good environment to work in, if they refuse to do so and it's becoming something unbearable then maybe start searching for a work environment you are more comfy with? Sadly office politics exists everywhere, just some places it's easier to deal with than others.

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 01:43:16 PM
Yes indeed. Office politics are everywhere, but I would at least hope there was some degree of professionalism... haha

Speaking of dealing with things.

You know, social media is a landmine these days. A nest of hate here and there. Personally I don't like getting involved in any of the pointless arguments but I do get rather annoyed when I see some of my friends (also people that I know in real life) being so zealous about opposing another person's opinion.

Seriously. I thought communities in online games were toxic, but somehow I'm starting to prefer the toxicity of those online game communities versus social media toxicity.

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 09:14:10 PM
I know what you mean, especially recently. I've really just taken to avoiding social media or spending as little time on it as possible. I feel like everyone is so entrenched in each other's differences that we are forgetting what makes us similar too. For example how many of us love animals and tv. Actually, I've really taken to watching more TV like This Is Us because it makes me feel more hopeful for humanity because real life seems so bleak lately lol.

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:21:42 AM
Indeed. :/ everyone is so hostile. haha.

Speaking of TV, I haven't watched a thing for ages... though a good cooking show or documentary will always be something of interest. Some movies too, I'm not a movie person. Can you recommend anything? :D

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 07:42:58 PM
I LOVE cooking shows! Well I love Master Chef lol. More specifically Master Chef Junior. I like Master Chef but I could do without all the drama that happens. XD

Movies.... I really haven't watched much in the theaters lately. Nothing looks particularly good. Recently I watched John Wick 2 and the Great Wall. John Wick 2 was okay, it's just straight up action, very little plot or dialogue lol, my bf loved it. Great Wall I really didn't expect much, we went because Lego Batman was full. It was actually better than I thought and we went in there with zero expectations. Really feel bad for Matt Damon though, he got so much shade because everyone was accusing him of white washing the movie and really it was just the fault of marketing not portraying the movie or his character better which is pretty much a thief going to the Great Wall to steal the magical black powder that makes all things go boom. Anyway, if you like action, some cheesy CG animation and very vibrant costumes and sets, that's not a bad one to see either at normal matinee price. Oh, Sing was a good one if that's still in theaters and Star Wars the Force Awakens I really enjoyed. I forgot what else I watched recently lol.

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

United-Nations
Deal to My Heart [FREE+]

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game Database & User Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 04, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
[Release] Deal To My Heart for Android

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game News

0 Replies
Last post September 04, 2018, 06:01:14 PM
by kokoro-cafe

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?