collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Shall We Date?: Oz+ Discussion  (Read 7097 times)

Ichigochan

• Cafe Visitor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
on: March 28, 2016, 12:02:25 AM
The discussion thread is open! Feel free to talk about whatever even if it's  :off topic: ~

So for Oz+, I started because I just couldn't resist the ad that was popping up in all my Shall We Date games and the art was pretty good.

And in reply to Ai-chan...
Which route did everyone start with? I am looking forward to Solomon, Norton, and Wesley's routes the most~ Solomon looks like a female Sunny from Niflheim... I chose Leonardo before I actually read the prologue, and I was instantly a little jarred by his clingy behavior. It's hard not to compare the differences when this game is quite directly based on The Wizard of Oz.

I started on Crowlie, for no other reason than the fact that it struck me as funny that the scarecrow had the same name as the King of Hell in Supernatural. And lol, I was thinking that Solomon had a familiar... almost girly pose. Maybe they did base him off Sunny.

I think the character I'm probably looking forward to most is Wesley. I hope there's an interesting reason as to why he didn't disappear and why he came back to woo the MC. XD

How about you guys?

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1717.0
Shall we date?
-Fairy+ HvQVFNqi4s
-Lost+ DddTggXbq8
-Oz+ DTQeDB136A

MFW:Party - 2272649
SC:Party - 2290411
SLB:Party - 2310838

Advertise Here

hela

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:56:15 AM
Yay I'm not the only one who thinks of Crowley whenever I see Crowlie! I bet that's why they decided to spell it "Crowlie", actually. You wouldn't want people to think of Hell right off the bat.

So far not much has happened since I'm playing cheaply(ch 4 in just one route).

The Check Out at Party is throwing me off and I'm missing some winning streaks because there are so many new people (we are all technically new, right?) and it's hard to tell a veteran from someone who hasn't played much. Everyone's wearing approximately the same clothes right now. Lately I'm going against people with zero or less than 1k Charisma, even if it takes a few skips, just to be safe.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 02:36:07 AM
I am only at Chapter 2. XD;; I usually conserve my items and clothing space around app releases because I am the strictly frugal player and can tolerate missing out on pretty pixels. In regards to Tapjoy, it is certainly getting increasingly more difficult to spread my points between all of my games that I actively use Tapjoy in, but I only do Tapjoy stuff when the need arises for avatar space, gacha, or limited time stories. The highest I ever reach per SWD app is 900 or so points in Wizardess Heart because the price increments start to get crazy there. Oz+ has it slightly better, but bulk purchases do not exist and nothing but avatar stuff can be bought with Spinels.

Oz: 10 for 200
Niflheim: 30 for 400
Wizardess: 10 for 270; 30 for 750
BiR: 10 for 950 (which is totally not worth it when you can win plenty from gacha)
DN2: 10 for 250

Clearly, there is an imbalance as to which games they see as more of the heavyweights.

I feel so out of the loop when it comes to Supernatural. My dad was the one who watched the entire thing, but I was usually not in the same room and only saw episodes here and there. I sketchily recall season one, and that is it~ But Crowley's name is something I did pick up on in passing the television.

I was one of the people attracted to Leonardo's lion ears, and I did feel like I should choose him because I did not expect him to be my favorite out of the starter Pokémon.

I only lost once in battle because my finger spasmed, but at least I got to see the lose screen~ I wonder what losing WITH Norton will be like, but it will probably be Dorothy all alone while he fumes at her. Speaking of Norton, I am not too keen on his name. I know that he must be a play on "North," Solomon as "South," and Wesley as "West," but I think of the Norton program hovering behind him.

The writers probably gave Wesley a cheesy reason for reforming as a "good" witch... wizard, and maybe the witch/wizard crushed by Dorothy's house is also still alive. What names could go with The Wicked Witch of the East, though? I will be almost not surprised if Wesley's reaction to water is like that of a stereotypical jumpy cat. None of that melting action. I would be willing to assume that he has a bathtub scene because of this.

And I am the type of jerk who deliberately wears all the newb clothes to thwart other players, even if my/his wardrobe has hundreds of avatar items.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 04:20:17 AM
I hate that they talk like I'm supposed to know what's going on. Everyone knows each other and talk about past times and it just leaves me confused. -_- tsk

I like Leonardo's skin tone so I went for him first since the other two didn't stand out much to me anyway. I'd prolly choose Heartmann last after Oz, cuz of that name. it's gonna take a long time for me to get used to a name like that. I don't like how Oz holds his hat and blocks much of his eyes along with his hair.

I want Solomon and Norton as a set. (Totally not smarting from Solomon viewing MC as a daughter >:'x)

Ichigochan

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 01:32:17 AM
I'm just starting on chapter 3, so I'm taking it slow as well. To be honest, most of the Shall We Date? series don't attract me that much overall except for some climatic moments. The only one that was constantly irresistible and made me burn up all my tickets reading was probably My Fairy Tales+.

:rofl: Still, Crowlie is so sweet and it just makes me crack up all the more when I compare him to Crowley, especially since I had just got past the episode where he cries "I just want to be loved!" when I started Oz+.  :rofl:

I still hope the storyline heats up soon though.

Bambikins

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 03:20:46 AM
The Check Out at Party is throwing me off and I'm missing some winning streaks because there are so many new people (we are all technically new, right?) and it's hard to tell a veteran from someone who hasn't played much. Everyone's wearing approximately the same clothes right now. Lately I'm going against people with zero or less than 1k Charisma, even if it takes a few skips, just to be safe.

Omg me too like legit I get stressed out sometimes when the page is loading like noo Norton don't be disappointed in me! :fear:

I'm also playing Leonardo. Not gonna lie I chose him because I like his early bird outfits the most (boo yeah gimme that red!) I do want to play Heartman though just because he seems kinda sketchy? And in this super slow-moving game I'll take any added interest.  :sweat:

hela

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 04:26:40 AM
So I guess the game wasn't earning enough money, because they decided to make a limited event on top of the release? The sheer amount of emeralds you need to reach the peak prizes makes me think they look to pull in some good income. Mathematically, unless they start double boosting emeralds now until the end of the event, there is no way anyone other than a super spender could reach those numbers. I already threw in a few hoarded story tickets and some of the lower value donuts, and I still won't get beyond the heartman limited story prize, I am predicting. I might hit 4.5k if the boost periods are generous and I continue to play diligently and spend the rest of my tickets/donuts hoarded. 7.5k emerald is just surreal to think about.

Anyone catch a double emerald period yet? I am thinking it will be like Niflheim where there will just be days where double boost applies, as opposed to specific times of day. I log in at least every four or five hours and I have not caught a boost yet, so I am thinking they are still waiting for the rushing rabbits to spend out their hoarded tickets/donuts or their wallets before they open up the emerald floodgates.

Also, most people must not play as seriously as I would think, in a period with overlapping events. I somehow have over 11k in charm? Second in my friend group that I greet daily? This game is awfully generous with charm and it is confusing me. I have played Niflheim for twice as long and my Niflheim charm score is still a few thousands lower.

Also, the Blow the Whistle prizes in the 1k point whistle category, and some in the 500 point category, are creeping me out. If I am dating Leonardo, I am his queen, not the president of his fan club. I don't need multiple wall hangings, purses, clocks, keychains, pins, dolls, etc because I am supposed to have the real thing? If I were dating someone and they had that much memorabilia of me, I would run for the hills.nmaybe one or two pillows with their face as a joke would be okay with me so that I have something to throw at them and tease them with, but not much beyond that.

Also, the charm value of those 1k category items isn't making sense compared to the amount of points required to blow the whistle for them- 1k points for a chance at a 400 charm item when you could get a much nicer suit for Leonardo (or memorabilia) at 400 charm, with the 500 point whistle? If I am dropping 1000 points for a chance game, I want more than just a chance at memorabilia, plus a miniscule chance a a cool hat. Maybe a chariot, or a carriage, or a unicorn, or a room remodel would make more sense for that huge number of points.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 06:25:26 AM
In reality, a collection event near the launch of an application is a common practice in these FTPs. One of the most likely reasons is because they are quite aware that there are some dedicated players who came over from their other applications and will spend all the money in the world to get to the end because... YOLO. The joy of having things that others will not, even if SWD is notorious for doing recolors of everything.

A trend in players is that they play and spend the most at the start and ultimately begin tapering off in interest and money as time goes by, so a developer's target audience would logically be the people they can catch during the event periods when they have the most attention. New events will eventually stop arriving altogether for a variety of reasons – cost efficiency, lack of content, drop in players, focus in a new product intended to reinvigorate the community, and so forth.

With how technology is nowadays, I am sure that NTT Solmare has been studying the analytics behind non-Japan player login frequency and money spent ever since the first English SWD apps were released. Japan is a different model because people there are statistically so much more willing to spend money (and so much more of it) for rank and prizes than their foreign counterparts (frugal North Americans like me). They are trying to optimize their earnings, especially when the majority of players in any free game will spend no money at all. The "whales" balance things out. Thank all goodness that it is not like Voltage PARTY and its never-ending stream of events with NO effing gaps whatsoever.

I accept that I am too laid back to really rank in anything, and the latest SWD apps make it INCREDIBLY arduous to collect everything. Well, BiR is actually pretty easy, but ranking battles are always a messy affair when you are right on the edge. But knowing that free games like these are essentially made to die in the end makes me worry about my tendencies to hoard items.

I usually hold out for triple boosts, but I am surprised that a double had not started already. It really annoys me since it keeps me awake at night, wondering when this game will spring one on us. It is different with each SWD game, so I am basically doing battle once every hour for eight hours out of worry before I can sleep for two hours and wake to play and sleep for another hour and... I play too many SWD games for it to be low stress.

Bambikins

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 02:17:25 AM
Anyone catch a double emerald period yet? I am thinking it will be like Niflheim where there will just be days where double boost applies, as opposed to specific times of day. I log in at least every four or five hours and I have not caught a boost yet, so I am thinking they are still waiting for the rushing rabbits to spend out their hoarded tickets/donuts or their wallets before they open up the emerald floodgates.

Also, the charm value of those 1k category items isn't making sense compared to the amount of points required to blow the whistle for them- 1k points for a chance at a 400 charm item when you could get a much nicer suit for Leonardo (or memorabilia) at 400 charm, with the 500 point whistle? If I am dropping 1000 points for a chance game, I want more than just a chance at memorabilia, plus a miniscule chance a a cool hat. Maybe a chariot, or a carriage, or a unicorn, or a room remodel would make more sense for that huge number of points.

Nope, haven't seen hide or hair of any boosting events yet. And agreed on the unattractiveness of those prizes. I think I'm mostly annoyed at how lazy they are. Like they're just copying and pasting a lot of the same pictures onto these "keychains" or collectibles etc. It's like yo that was the kind of photoshop (or gimp anyone? =D) jobs that my friends did back in highschool (dating myself perhaps? =P). Not cool to have to pay so many points for something so shabby.

hela

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 08:07:32 AM
In reality, a collection event near the launch of an application is a common practice in these FTPs. One of the most likely reasons is because they are quite aware that there are some dedicated players who came over from their other applications and will spend all the money in the world to get to the end because... YOLO. The joy of having things that others will not, even if SWD is notorious for doing recolors of everything.

A trend in players is that they play and spend the most at the start and ultimately begin tapering off in interest and money as time goes by, so a developer's target audience would logically be the people they can catch during the event periods when they have the most attention. New events will eventually stop arriving altogether for a variety of reasons – cost efficiency, lack of content, drop in players, focus in a new product intended to reinvigorate the community, and so forth.
I can see that happening as a trend overall. I don't play enough of these to truly see it across games- the frugal North American in me can only take two SWD at the moment because I realize that's all that my ad-watching/clicking will support, given that I have a competitive streak and will throw down some coins if it boosts me to a stretch goal. Anything beyond two games and I will be dishing out real money because I do have a thing for pretty pixels and do get competitive, like those people you describe lol.

I'm actually glad when new things stop coming- I appreciate games where there is an actual point where you can say, well, I'm DONE. I FINISHED, and did not just burn out because of perpetual events that keep coming, even if I'm 500% done with the visuals/mechanics of the game.

I usually hold out for triple boosts, but I am surprised that a double had not started already. It really annoys me since it keeps me awake at night, wondering when this game will spring one on us. It is different with each SWD game, so I am basically doing battle once every hour for eight hours out of worry before I can sleep for two hours and wake to play and sleep for another hour and... I play too many SWD games for it to be low stress.

I am surprised as well, with t minus three days left for the end of the early bird period? Nothing? I think it will be dropped on us tomorrow morning, after this current system maintenance, which might include the boost period in the push update. So, I think I will hold onto the story tickets at least until tomorrow morning.

Like they're just copying and pasting a lot of the same pictures onto these "keychains" or collectibles etc. It's like yo that was the kind of photoshop (or gimp anyone? =D) jobs that my friends did back in highschool (dating myself perhaps? =P). Not cool to have to pay so many points for something so shabby.

I can't diss Adobe PS because I actually use it a ton for little things like event flyers and fan art, and I did learn both Adobe PS and GIMP. If you're dating yourself, I guess I am too? Anyway, before I go off-topic, yeah, it does feel like someone just made a stamp for each character and then went a little crazy with it for some of the prizes. Or, for the wall hangings/posters, they grabbed some scenes from the story, resized, and tweaked the background. It's probably just an easy/cheap way to make items, like you said. These games aren't supposed to supply that much depth, and tend to be full of plot holes, but my mind is stuck wondering about the backstory.

Personally I'm concerned about the sanity of the MC in caring so much about these items to the point where you are expected to play extensively to acquire them for her. If she's actually dating this person, she doesn't need them to reinforce the emotional connection. So, does all of the memorabilia compensate for the lack of a present emotional connection, foreshadow inevitable loss of an emotional connection to the point where the memorabilia will be all she has left, or does it help reinforce delusions concerning an emotional connection that never had any potential because any present ties with the person are imagined? O.O We will probably never know.

Cecona

• New to the Cafe
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 04:34:27 AM
Did anyone else pick Wesley? I like that he can be a choice because I have a thing for evil/aggressive/sadistic characters. I don't find many games with the option to be with the villain or evil one

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 08:06:22 PM
I was informed five or six days ago that there will no longer be Oz+ updates, meaning no Earnest route. Someone allegedly emailed NTT Solmare and got a response referring to that. Whoever it was had posted their reply on Facebook, but it is not like I can check since I don't use that site.

I am disappointed! Earnest was really cute. But I enjoyed Wesley and every spinoff with him. Ah, evil characters. Sadly, most mobile otoge villains are only misunderstood or mend their ways to become practically goodies.

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Shall we date?: The Niflheim+ Discussion

Started by Solitude on Otome Game Discussions

1 Replies
Last post March 15, 2017, 11:38:59 PM
by Sakuragawa
xx
Shall We Date?: Destiny Ninja Discussion

Started by foreverfriendsg on Otome Game Discussions

81 Replies
Last post January 15, 2015, 01:16:20 AM
by Lilwyn
xx
Shall We Date?: Wizardess Heart Discussion

Started by Aiwethryne on Otome Game Discussions

48 Replies
Last post April 11, 2016, 02:56:01 AM
by Bambikins
xx
Shall We Date? General Game Discussion

Started by Sakuragawa on Otome Game Discussions

29 Replies
Last post February 12, 2015, 07:24:22 AM
by Aiwethryne
xx
Shall we date? : Blood in Roses+ Discussion

Started by Sakuragawa on Otome Game Discussions

40 Replies
Last post June 24, 2016, 03:07:31 PM
by lyssa

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?