collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  ~Anime Adaptations of Otome Games~  (Read 50818 times)

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
on: January 09, 2014, 07:00:13 PM
If you wanted to watch and buy the anime series of certain otome games but have no idea which ones are available or soon to be released, or you are simply beginning your otoge journey, here is a list of all shows adapted from the existing games (or the other way around). Perhaps the spread of knowledge and popularity towards anime based on otome games can possibly help us get more of them localized, as well~ If I miss any (sequels, spin-offs, OVAs, etc.), new series appear in the future, or I linked or named things incorrectly (they are grouped by the games, by the way), please mention them here and I'll add them when I do.

And, yes, I know that some links go to the same page, and some anime refer to multiple games/manga/light novels in the franchise. You can rant or gush about any of them here, but please use Spoiler tags to prevent stunning other people who have not finished the games and/or anime.

I wonder if I should include things like those Voltage promotional clips because they are still technically animations (just not actual series), no matter how short they are. I do not mean things like openings and endings within games, though. I am also not inserting images in this post because that would make this list enormously lengthy after a while.

~Anime Adaptations of Otome Games~

Amnesia
About the Show | About the Game

Arcana Famiglia – La storia della Arcana Famiglia

Arcana Famiglia: Capriccio – stile Arcana Famiglia

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

Brothers Conflict

Bonjour ♪ Koiaji Pâtisserie

Diabolik Lovers

Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan

Hakuouki: Hekketsuroku

Hakuouki Reimeiroku

Hakuouki: Sekkaroku OVA

Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku: Kinetograph OVA

Heart no Kuni no Alice

Hiiro no Kakera

Hiiro no Kakera Dai Ni Shou

Hiiro no Kakera Taizen: Totsugeki! Tonari no Ikemens

Kamigami no Asobi

Kin'iro no Corda – Primo Passo

Kin'iro no Corda – Secondo Passo

Kin'iro no Corda 3

Kuro to Kin no Akanai Kagi

Angelique OVA

Angelique: Shiroi Tsubasa no Memoire OVA

Angelique: Seichi Yori Ai wo Komete OVA

Angelique: Twin Collection OVA

Koi suru Tenshi Angelique – Kokoro no Mezameru Toki

Koi suru Tenshi Angelique – Kagayaki no Ashita

Neo Angelique Abyss

Neo Angelique Abyss – Second Age

Meiji Tokyo Renka

Meine Liebe

Norn9

Starry ☆ Sky

Trick or Alice

Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%

Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%

Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love Revolutions

Vitamin Addiction

The below are anime series with significant references to the otome gaming culture, but they are not related to actual visual novels and do not necessarily mention existing games. Try not to take whatever I add below that seriously~ I should resist adding all my favorite non-otoge reverse harem series.

Watashi ga Motenai no wa dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
About the Show

Completely unrelated to this subject, this makes 1001 posts for me~ I wanted to make this thread for a while, but I took the opportunity to seize this number when it approached. Looking forward to the new year~!

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=777.0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:30:14 AM by Aiwethryne »
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Advertise Here

Lilwyn

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 23
  • Kyori
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:21:44 AM
oh wow i watched a little of Arcana Famiglia and didn't realise it was a game though i shouldve guessed it... Also i believe there's a Hakuouki movie but haven't heard anything about it so idk if that counts.
I watched Diabolik Lovers and i knew what i was going into but...
Spoiler  Hidden:
it really made me cringe while watching. I love how the characters look and i like some of the characteristics. but idk can't get passed the creepyness of it all. I also read some of the game reviews which also made me cringe. I felt like this game/anime had so much more potential but somewhere along the lines they thought, i should add more rape. :fear:
Not to mention the mc was a freaking doll with no soul just like the Amnesia mc.

There's also Brother's conflict which I believe is based off an otome. Passion pink and blue something.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

MFWParty: 607a6cc3

OtomeBabe

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 35
    • Share Post
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:56:52 AM
yeah, I know Arcagna Familia and Amnesia from game first then found out about the anime later. Oh, I think you should put Heart No Kuni No Alice on the list

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 32
    • Share Post
    • http://ayas-dream-world.tumblr.com
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 10:53:06 AM
Bad thing is about these there is always a generic main male. Welli know that for some of them. And in surprised there is quite a few....Or I just didn't know. Hah

Lol Sentai has got the rights to Dibalok...If they dub it, it's werid that I know kind of who be voicing who...Well not surprised since Funi doesn't take reverse harems. Ouran was a one off. Though they did Fruits Basket, so I'm confused. Funi is all echi and Sentai is bishie. And now I want to watch Sentai's Special A now :~|

- Something To Make You Smile Yours Sincerely Aya -

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 01:06:15 AM
When I started watching Diabolik Lovers, I was all positive and thought it actually looked pretty cool by the end of the first episode. But as it progressed, I became more disturbed and confused. I am fairly sure that if I had played the game beforehand, it would have made more sense and set a significantly better impression on me. I only managed to get through it because each episode was effing short, and I usually only start watching things when they are almost completed.  The art was the only thing it had going for it, since the characters in the game are obviously nice to look at and all. Everything was just so vague and unfocused, when I am sure that the game could not have been that way.

And I just could never get into UtaPri because I am not into stories about idols being in high school. Or just idols and high school. My friends who don't play visual novels liked it, though. Staring at anime men dancing like that kind of creeps me out. XD Of course, I was excited when I saw that Hiiro no Kakera was made into an anime, since that was my first otome game and all. I am more tolerant of supernatural school stories. Hakuouki seemed almost the same as my memories of the reviews of the game years ago, so that was pretty nice. I cried because I always cry.

I want to try to watch Angelique because I like watching retro series. =w= The style kind of reminds me of the older Pretty Cure/Precure series. Oh, and I watched Hanayaka Nari's OVA shortly before typing up this thread. I thought it was pretty successful, considering the time period and all. The I-forgot-her-name heroine understandably acted like a hyperactive country bumpkin, but that was more on the story itself than the anime.

Because of the art style of Kin'iro no Corda, I always thought that it was only a manga. I did not realize for a long time that it was developed as an otome game at the same time. Then I also ignored it as a manga because I thought that having a fairy appear to give a magical violin to enter school was cheating.

@ Aya~
I don't really pay attention to which takes what, but, now that I think of it, Funimation really does take a lot more with those features. And then many Funimation things end up on Adult Swim... I cannot imagine which VAs they'd choose for Diabolik Lovers because I am not really that in tune with voices unless they sound rather familiar. Same goes for if they were still in Japanese. Only some voices stick out for me because I hear them so much, or I mistake them for other people.

I liked Special A~ I watched it at the same time as the manga, and once the anime ended, I kept up with the manga every week. I remember how the way I drew suddenly changed because I had been exposed to it so much... I think that Seiyuu-ka can be considered somewhat like a harem with all the guys around Hime (something like six guys LOL), although romantic feels were only exuded from not many, since the mangaka seems to like to distinguish who gets what.

@ Marie~
I had heard of Arcana Famiglia for a while but never looked at it, but I knew Amnesia as the game first. I admittedly thought that Shin was a woman before, though...

@ Lilwyn~
Brothers Conflict was actually based on a light novel, but I am not sure which came first between the anime and otome game. I should try to see what it's about~ I had seen manga scenes about it, so I have been wondering what the hubbub about it was.

The directors of Diabolik Lovers choose the wrong points to emphasize, in my opinion.
Spoiler  Hidden:
*bites thigh* And all the biting and sucking sounds really embarrassed me. XDD;;

Lilwyn

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 23
  • Kyori
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 03:53:46 AM
Quote from: "Aiwethryne"
When I started watching Diabolik Lovers, I was all positive and thought it actually looked pretty cool by the end of the first episode. But as it progressed, I became more disturbed and confused. I am fairly sure that if I had played the game beforehand, it would have made more sense and set a significantly better impression on me. I only managed to get through it because each episode was effing short, and I usually only start watching things when they are almost completed.  The art was the only thing it had going for it, since the characters in the game are obviously nice to look at and all. Everything was just so vague and unfocused, when I am sure that the game could not have been that way.

@ Lilwyn~
Brothers Conflict was actually based on a light novel, but I am not sure which came first between the anime and otome game. I should try to see what it's about~ I had seen manga scenes about it, so I have been wondering what the hubbub about it was.

The directors of Diabolik Lovers choose the wrong points to emphasize, in my opinion.
Spoiler  Hidden:
*bites thigh* And all the biting and sucking sounds really embarrassed me. XDD;;
It was pretty much the same for me. Only thing that kept me watching was the art.
Spoiler  Hidden:
and OMG that sucking sound made me extremely uncomfortable! The one gang bang scene with Arata and Laito creeped me out soo much. and to make it worse, my brother walked into my room as it was happening.:faint:  :scared: He just walked right back out all the while im yelling "It's not what it looks like! I swear! Oh this all took place at like 3 in the morning...
I haven't really looked into Brother's conflict i just know it has a game so i assumed.  now that makes me curious and i want to read the novel.

Persona

• Cafe Lover
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 05:41:19 PM
I'm just curious but do any of these have dubs? I am bad at reading subtitles and I so miss the action and that. And cant understand Japanese if my life depended on it.

''Take My Hand Into The World Of....It's A Trap!''
[size=85]--BMP Adbridged Version By Admiral Ackbar--[/size]

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 05:59:35 PM
Quote from: "Persona"
I'm just curious but do any of these have dubs? I am bad at reading subtitles and I so miss the action and that. And cant understand Japanese if my life depended on it.

I know for fact that Hiiro no Kakeru and Hakuoki has one. But if you watch one and then the other after each other you think to yourself

-----Hang on a minute they all sound the same and also playing similar characters to their last work. Not like its much of a bad thing as some of them I like their voices but others are different. To each their own.

The others I haven't really checked myself. Though I know that Sentai has got the rights to release DvD's of some of these and half the time a dub ends up following. I.e Diabalok and Amensia. Check Sentai's site now and then they usually reveal whats dubbed and whats not. Don't look into Funimation as it doesn't usually go for reverse harems.

Persona

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: "LadyAyaRose"
Quote from: "Persona"

I know for fact that Hiiro no Kakeru and Hakuoki has one. But if you watch one and then the other after each other you think to yourself

-----Hang on a minute they all sound the same and also playing similar characters to their last work. Not like its much of a bad thing as some of them I like their voices but others are different. To each their own.

The others I haven't really checked myself. Though I know that Sentai has got the rights to release DvD's of some of these and half the time a dub ends up following. I.e Diabalok and Amensia. Check Sentai's site now and then they usually reveal whats dubbed and whats not. Don't look into Funimation as it doesn't usually go for reverse harems.

Ah thanks for that you so knowledgeable about dubs, and I really do appreciate it for a silly person who can't read subtitles for ####
What one of those two would you recommend to watch first?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:53:06 PM by Persona »

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 07:50:44 PM
^ Definitely Hakuouki (start from the first season). HnK was kinda draggy in ways, but it's okay. Not that I watched any of the dubs. I would only listen to the dubbed versions if I buy the DVD.

And, yeah. Aya knows so much~ When it comes to actors of any sort, anywhere, I never pay that much attention, but it mainly annoys me when characters are all talking at once and I have no idea who said what. Similar inflections suck that way.

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 08:07:28 PM
Ah yeah I was definitely going to suggest Hakuoki....Its also classed as a tragedy as well but not as much in the first season. Its OVA's are fine as they are like random character views in a certain inn scene.

I must admit Hirro's little character talks that appeared after the credits made me giggle. And sort of made me want to play the game  :hammer:

Romance with the actors in both of those to sum it down is ---Andrew Love gets both the girls and Greg Ayres picks up the riff raff...And the other ones are eye candy, and for a fair few voice candy. Hurr Huur.

I know so much about Voice Actors as my brother is a huge fan of English VA's and he used to drone and drone on about them for  aggggeeees. Doesn't help as much when he is also a huge fan of anime dubs.  :sweat: And now I'm walking wikipedia on them. He also is my knowledge off dubs as well, as you might not believe it so much but there is a pretty big fandom for dubs in Japan. Ghost Hunt is one of the most famous one...And I really do recommend anyone to watch that one even if its not an otome.  :shifty:

Oh and Anime Tycoon, has the most majority of dubs, but you have to put up with the irritating adds.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 08:28:47 PM
Hakuouki's anime, regardless of season, would all be listed is tragedy since that is just about the full game (with season one being the first half). The second season was much more depressing, I guess. That said, it might be a good segue into the actual game, since you can obviously get the otoge in English. Though playing the game immediately after the anime might dull the impact. I dunno~

And I am reminded to check out the singer of both Hakuouki's openings. Thought about it long ago but forgot~~ But both Hiiro no Kakera's seasons has one of my favorite singers in otome game openings~ Fujita Maiko~~ Since dubs don't usually (I think) mess around with resinging the opening/endings, there's some nice stuff to hear. Well, the combo of her singing and Kazuki Yone's art is  :heart:  ~ Hah. Arbitrarily thought of this. Knowing about all the artists is more my area of knowledge, due to my interests.

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 08:36:33 PM
Hakuoki season 2 was depressing..Felt like banging my head on the desk a little too much after it. LoL...Why do I watch these tragedies.....Though I got information that Clannad anime will make you cry no matter what...and Still waiting for it to make me cry, tehir information is wrong.Lol I'm so heartless there.
 But Hakuoki...I think i used a whole box of tissues. O.o Thank the lord of monkey kings that you can play the game and give the necessary loving of those who need it.

OOOOH now you reminded me of those openings...I love both their opening songs..I seriously need to take note on the ones i seriously need to get for my iPod.....

Though both of those anime visual's where done by Studio DEEN...And I must say their work is gorgeous. :heart: They get the work of bishies down to the cent.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 08:55:42 PM
Shhhhhh. When I was in class some years ago, I was watching Fuku.... *started sobbing* I was so embarrassed that people might have been watching. One guy who likes anime but is not into the moe art style came by, took a glance, and walked away. XD But this is me. I cry at EVERYTHING. *watches children get transported into the digital world in Digimon and starts bawling* Maybe I just have a perpetual imbalance of hormones because in my mind I'm thinking, 'THIS IS SO STUPID. Why am I crying?!' Heck, I cried watching a documentary about a sky scraper being built.

But, well.  :offtopic:

Even if Studio DEEN does a good job in general, it amuses me to see the frames of DERP that makes guys faces look all fugly and distance shots look too plain. But that's how animation goes. Only incredibly high budget animations would care to add that many more frames per second to prevent the derpdom I sometimes see. And it's funny when the rendered parts look too CGified, especially once you have a 2D character set on top of the environment. At least it is not as bad as in the past, where that sheer difference was all the more evident. Yay better techniques and technology~

Though that is what Miyazaki was so adamant against.

Persona

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 09:03:54 PM
Ah Hah. Thanks for that Aya for the site. I usually buy anime if I was going to watch it..But it gets a bit hectic. And cheers on the suggestion guys, might just watch that after Wallflower.
And isnt that very funny one that is quite famous called Ghost Stories? I was originall iffy about it as its classed as a Black Comedy.

And why does the name Greg Ayres sound so familiar to me?

Though your quote in your sig makes sense now

I’m not a nerd, I’m a specialist.  :cheers:

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Holding an otome panel at an anime convention

Started by Washu_Takahashi on General Discussions

13 Replies
Last post January 16, 2015, 09:04:55 PM
by OtomeBabe
xx
[News] Kenka Bancho Otome Anime Out Now on Crunchyroll

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game News

0 Replies
Last post May 10, 2017, 05:11:58 PM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
[News] Scared Rider Xechs Otome Game to be Adapted into TV Anime

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2016, 04:13:03 AM
by Bambikins
xx
[News] Kenka Bancho Otome Anime Coming Spring 2017

0 Replies
Last post December 13, 2016, 02:28:55 AM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
Otome games R18

Started by lilika on Otome Game Discussions

5 Replies
Last post April 06, 2016, 06:23:59 PM
by Yukionnal

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?