collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Which games let you re-read chapters?  (Read 4686 times)

Vixey

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 4
  • Mrs. Fenrir~♥ /// On Hiatus from Playing
    • Share Post
    • Vixey's Tumblr
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
on: August 12, 2014, 05:40:01 AM
I'm looking to add a new game to my currently-playing arsenal on my phone.

Which games have the ability to re-read previous chapters? I really like to be able to go back and re-read the romantic scenes I enjoyed. Honestly I don't know why all the games don't have this function.

So far the ones I've played that do this are:

• Cinderella Contract - Only lets you re-read chapters a couple times and then they disappear from your album
  • Contract Marriage - Handles this the best, lets you re-read your chapters an unlimited number of times, AND lets you read what would have happened if you selected a different choice (though the affection points that resulted from the choice cannot be changed after the fact)
  • Forbidden Love - Lets you re-read chapters an unlimited number of times, only gives you the option to the select the choices you already picked

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1162.0

Lilwyn

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 23
  • Kyori
    • Share Post
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:44:37 AM
one at the top of my head is Office Lover.You can go back and read the chapters of the character that your currently playing/selected at anytime as long as your still one that character.

I haven't payed attention if the chapters save when you switch but for sure you can read while still on the same character...

MFWParty: 607a6cc3

Riyumi

• Cafe Lover
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 07:43:38 AM
Aside from the ones you mentioned...Typically, any Voltage inc. game whose route you've paid for---can be reread. The newer releases allow you to go to the exact chapter, (however I advise not doing so until you complete that route--it saves automatically at the end of each chapter; thus if you go back father than one chapter, you'll have to redo everything again). On the other hand, the older releases allow you to reread...but from the very beginning, or the chapter you've saved last from. Among these titles is Office Secrets, like Lilwyn mentioned.

Free games by NTTSolmare allow you to reread without wasting energy require save tickets. Some games don't offer this, though. I can't remember them at the top of my head, but if you go to the menu, you can find out if it can or not. It usually says Story collection/chapters, etc if you can go back with save tickets. Save tickets are usually handed out during campaigns (new release, events, ranking, blah blah blah), missions, Facebook likes, and random gift giving "thanks for being a player" moments.

If you own an Android (or you can play the PC ver...free btw) a2~a due ~ is replayable. 3 endings, 1 'bonus' when all three are completed, a gallery, and what not. Pegasi circle stuff like nanoreno, and Divine Days (also available in PC iirc).

Other PC games made in English (that are really good) include
-re:Alistair++ (lots of save slots and you can rewind if you want to try choices again or reread if you clicked too fast)

Crap I forgot the rest. I should slowly work my way to making walkthrough a for some PC/android games that are under the radar, but shouldn't be because they're that good.

Once Upon a Fairy Tale--> 2WgHsi
Royal Midnight Kiss--> qKKCzh

All my igns for SWD/OKKO/Arythmetic,etc. are: Riyumi

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:00:49 AM
XD You said everything I was too lazy to type.

I'll just throw out The Second Reproduction (PC). It's developer is dead, so, you know... As for NTT Solmare "Shall We Date?" games, Sakuragawa and I were actually talking about which series get story albums a couple weeks ago. But, yeah, you must complete the chapter AND have an item to unlock the chapter for forever reading. Kind of sucks in that way since you can win only so many of those items in some games.

So... of the free apps: Destiny Ninja, Ninja Love+, My Sweet Prince+, and Scarlet Fate+. Every other SWD game since has removed the function for story saves at all.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Riyumi

• Cafe Lover
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 08:26:56 AM
Ahaha. I have nothing better to do on my phone at 1AM in the morning :P  talking about otome is exciting and makes sleeping easier for me

And I've heard of Second Reproduction a LOT. It's 18+ due to it's mature contents I caught spoilers about, but I still want to try one day. Is that available in English? I'd learn Japanese if I can just find a teacher...a good one. But boo dead developers make me sad QnQ which means copies are hard to get ahold of and are sky rocketing in price *cough* Yo-Jin-Bo *cough* I'm pointing towards you! $100 or so for that PC game?! Oh heelll naw. Need to find someone willing to offer it for $20-35 bucks. Maybe $40.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 08:38:22 AM
I actually created a discussion topic for The Second Reproduction, but no one wants to post in it. LOL http://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=836.0 Also have some incomplete fanart for it in the fanart section. And, yes, English translation.

It's almost 4am here. I took an hour nap and here I am~ I really should be drawing, though...

Vixey

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
    • Vixey's Tumblr
Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 05:57:42 AM
Thanks for all the info! I'll also add any other ones I come across.

That's too bad that Shall We Date originally had the function in its games and then stopped doing that in later games. I have been wishing I could re-read scenes in Angel or Devil.
Spoiler  Hidden:
Especially near the end of Latis' route where he was suddenly shirtless and it cut to the next day and I was like wait wait wait did sexytimes just happen?!?! And was really wishing I could re-read what had just transcribed.

Hmm I never heard of Second Reproduction, but to hear it is 18+ now I am even MORE interested hehehehe

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 06:24:19 AM
OMG I wonder if you saw my recent freakout in the walkthrough thread when I reached that scene in Latis' route. I feel such anguish because Angel or Devil blurs any mention of the action behind the scenes. C'mon! I need the juicy stuff~~~~! ;3;

I usually screenshot everything so that I could read it all again later and giggle, but I've gotten too busy since screenshotting takes more than a couple seconds at a time. I decided to just read everything and save chapters later, but I noticed rather late in certain SWD games that they did not even have saving options. Ah, finding out the hard way~ Also sucks since my Android tablet does not want to screenshot more than 100 frames now, and forty thousand limited-time spinoffs have been happening in Mononoke Kiss lately. And that's another thing - why limited-time? So unfair when the don't even give the option to buy the chapters. I wonder if the paid versions even have the spinoffs, yet.

You'd really enjoy The Second Reproduction~ More people should get to know about it, and quite a few people who played visual novels in general got into otome games through SR. Or Queen of Darkness.

Vixey

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
    • Vixey's Tumblr
Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 06:44:40 AM
OMG I wonder if you saw my recent freakout in the walkthrough thread when I reached that scene in Latis' route. I feel such anguish because Angel or Devil blurs any mention of the action behind the scenes. C'mon! I need the juicy stuff~~~~! ;3;

I usually screenshot everything so that I could read it all again later and giggle, but I've gotten too busy since screenshotting takes more than a couple seconds at a time. I decided to just read everything and save chapters later, but I noticed rather late in certain SWD games that they did not even have saving options. Ah, finding out the hard way~ Also sucks since my Android tablet does not want to screenshot more than 100 frames now, and forty thousand limited-time spinoffs have been happening in Mononoke Kiss lately. And that's another thing - why limited-time? So unfair when the don't even give the option to buy the chapters. I wonder if the paid versions even have the spinoffs, yet.

You'd really enjoy The Second Reproduction~ More people should get to know about it, and quite a few people who played visual novels in general got into otome games through SR. Or Queen of Darkness.

I know right!! The game was super vague about what happened with Latis but at the same time made it a SUPER BIG DEAL so it's like.. you can't be all vague and then make the vagueness important to the plot! I guess the developers were like.. we can't SAY what happened, but, you know wink wink!

But I'm like you, give me the juicy details!
Spoiler  Hidden:
But even without the details we know Latis was heavenly in bed, har har har
but seriously an angel must be EPIC. EPIC.

I like to screenshot stuff too, but I also usually play when I'm falling asleep in bed, and screenshotting isn't my highest priority in the moment. Also, when I'm in bed I use an app that tints my screen red (android app called Twilight, highly recommend for other insomniacs!) so that I'm not kept awake by the blue light of the screen on my eyes in the dark. And when this is running, any screenshots I take are also tinted red. So if it's a fullscreen game, which most are, I'd have to back out of the game, pause Twlight, reopen the game, if it didn't keep my progress when minimized click through the scene from the start again to get where I was, and then take a screenshot. And then back out again to unpause Twilight so I have my comfortable red tint again while I read.

If The Second Reproduction is Aiwethryne recommended now I REALLY gotta play it! :O

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

question
FAQ for Games - Please Read Before Asking

Started by kokoro-cafe on Help

23 Replies
Last post October 08, 2014, 12:34:32 AM
by Aiwethryne
xx
Recent Hosting Problems - Need Input So Please Read

Started by kokoro-cafe on Kokoro Cafe News

45 Replies
Last post December 19, 2013, 09:55:12 PM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
Favorite read throughs/play throughs

Started by AmuTsukiyomi on Otome Game Discussions

2 Replies
Last post February 28, 2013, 05:45:46 PM
by AmuTsukiyomi
xx
Getting CG's from other games i.e JP only

Started by LadyAyaRose on General Discussions

4 Replies
Last post January 25, 2014, 07:50:44 PM
by LadyAyaRose
xx
Games Now Available for iOS

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game News

5 Replies
Last post June 26, 2014, 08:51:33 AM
by Jolly_09

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?