collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Bidding for love Arithmetic  (Read 8073 times)

ceicli

• Cafe Lover
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
on: April 21, 2014, 06:41:50 PM
In the Sweet Scandal-thread I saw some comments about Bidding for love so I thought it needed one of its own.

What I think of Bidding for love?
Not too good so far.
Now I've only read Kairis route and his behaviour had me upset all the way even if I change my view on him slightly
in ch 8:9. But just a little!
He is still mostly an idiot...
Spoiler  Hidden:
About the cheating thing, that was more like rape! She couldn't say no and froze for some reason. Iriya wanted her to remember him and I still don't know why.

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=972.0
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
Shiori with stars! I'm deleting daily games now, don't have time or money for them!

Advertise Here

Jay345Sal28

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:55:14 PM
I've done Iriya's rout so I know they have a history together, :book:  but our MC was able to block out her uni life and forget him so yeah :thumbdown:
He actually isnt too bad in his route, he comes on strongly towards her but always treats her gently, I think its cause he doesnt want her to hate him so much, as her love he is trying to win...meh

I just dont want to do Kairi's rout it sounds like too much misunderstandings and stupidity on the MC's part as well as her "love interest"
at least in Iriya's route she tries really hard to find loopholes in getting out of his service when she realizes how far he is willing to go to protect her so ..yay? I dont know at least she actually kinda stands up to him and people around her? so at least its not so bad as other Mcs I've played...

Aquitaine

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:10:24 PM
The MC at the start in the Kairi routes is the same at the start. She tries to run away when she finds a possibility and is not submissive (well for a MC in an otome game she passes the bar...). But then all goes south. She has my vote for the most stupid MC ever.

Spoilerish
Spoiler  Hidden:
I don't know about the other routes but this one has a lot of rape. So I am finding it very uncomfortable. I've read bad shojo manga so I am used to the japanese style, I think, but this route can be very triggering. There is Kairi, Iriya and then the black haired actor. Kairi's assistant also abuses her.  :faint:

I don't know who wrote the route but it cannot be a woman! No one can find this romantic at all.

The worse thing is that the MC doesn't ask for help and she is very stupid with the bad guys. This is the reason why I said in the other thread that if this was reality she would end up dead.

I imagined that Iriya was a childhood friend or something like that. But in any case I don't get what he does in the Kairi route.  :hammer:

I haven't done Iriya's route yet but as Kairi's mother doesn't appear in the route I am thinking that those two could be related as they have the same eyes.

MatsudaRen

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:23:41 PM
Lol. I'm on Kairi's route. I really know how to pick the worst ones first. But yeah the whole rape stuff in Kairi's route is really unnerving in the game and really should have been left out. Seriously what were they thinking? I think the MC in Kairi's route is pretty much a textbook example of Stockholm syndrome but still. Best route to play after Kairi's?

Aquitaine

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:06 PM
Kairi is so hot especially when he looks at you with the amber eyes. At the start he is a total douche but he bought you in an auction so it is something expected. However his route is the worst.
Spoiler  Hidden:
The MC has nearly been killed more than five times and forget how many times she has been abused. Kairi ends up looking like an idiot and been too weak. I prefer the cold but smart Kairi that what we get.

Jay345Sal28

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:39:11 PM
In Iriya's route
Spoiler  Hidden:
its not as rape-ish i think ( as i havent played Kairi's game i cant really compare..there is aa bit of it in the beginning but Iriya tones it down..and he is NEVER CALLING HER HORRID NAMES EITHER...the opposit actually he is always flirting and sweet with her in any way he can

ceicli

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:48:22 PM
The only redeming thing about the MC in Kairis route is that she questions her feelings!
Reward for most stupid MC goes to Amasawas route for me!

Spoiler  Hidden:
There are a lot of abuse in Kairis route. Especially in the secret key stories. Why must bodily reactions tell what she wants? That only nurture the misconception that a NO actually means yes!!! And this is served to young girls???

Aquitaine

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:18 PM
^I've tried to find the secret stories in youtube but only had luck with the hotel owner (kyo?). They are also of that style.

-- Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:05 pm --

I've finished Kairi's route and I wouldn't recommend it. It was sooo bad. I think that they wanted Kairi to be a tsundere type but he looked like an idiot in the end. The auction mystery was not given much importance in the story. The keep a couple of things opened I suppose that they are for the second season.

To sum up Kairi is handsome so if you like to look at his face do the route if he is not your type is not worth the time.

dofmine

• New to the Cafe
    • Share Post
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 09:03:32 PM
Oh thank you for this! I'm new to otome games (Android based so far) and unfortunately Bidding For Love was one of my first attempts at enjoying them, with Kairi as the chosen character. I right away thought this might be typical for this type of game and was feeling disturbed. I was thinking and feeling what all of you were saying as well. That this isn't love/romance, it's freaking Stockholm Syndrome. For me, once a male character rapes the female character, it is a done deal and not going to be a character I find appealing as a romantic lead in any way, shape, or form, and it IS troubling that this is marketed to young girls. But thank you all for this forum. I'm glad it wasn't just me that wasn't able to enjoy that one at all. I might enjoy other routes more, but haven't tried yet. Once I saw how bad Kairi's route was, I was afraid to try any others!

ceicli

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 07:27:40 AM
I ended Kairis route Happy Ending.
Or so they call it...
It really falls flat in more ways than one!

Spoiler  Hidden:
The idiotly behaving Kairi stops acting like an a.s.s in ch 10 or so after her fiftyseventh attack!
Then he just keep saving her... Since when do people change like that?
In the happy ending itself the scam is told and it have absolutely nothing to do with her or the jewellery ans SHE DON'T EVEN GET MAD!!!
How do anyone react after being deceived and mistreated for months????
"I love you so!" *silly voice*
WTF?

So, on to the next one, lets see how that develops! *low expectations*

-- Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 am --

I agree.
There are some other apps that have the same basics (force).
Starstruck Love (yanderes) even if the Deep Love End are quite normal.
Arabian Nights Desert Heat Love (also a type of
Spoiler  Hidden:
kidnapping and force
. Not to be confused with Arabian Nights Love Story)

Force can be ok if it it between contented adults.
Not for young girls to learn to lay flat when guys grope them! *disturbed*

Quote from: "dofmine"
For me, once a male character rapes the female character, it is a done deal and not going to be a character I find appealing as a romantic lead in any way, shape, or form, and it IS troubling that this is marketed to young girls.

Aquitaine

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 08:55:56 PM
I still believe that Kairi's route could have been great although very cliche. There is the typical tsundere, lots of mysteries and action.
Spoiler  Hidden:
However, his personality was not well developed. He started as very cold and calculating and finished as a emotional mess. There was never a reaction to all that happened to the MC. And the end was kind of rushed. I prefer to forget about the abuse...

I've started with Iriya and until chapter 5 at least the story makes much more sense. The MC considers asking her father for help and the police are tracking them since the start because a near kidnapping incident.

@dofmine I believe Bidding for love is from a western perspective is the most controversial otome game from arithmetic. Their other games have issues but this one is the winner IMO. If you are interested I would play office lover and sweet scandal (though not Amasawa route!).

Meimi

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 10:03:17 AM
OMG! I'm playing Bidding for Love and I chose Kairi!!! What to do now? I thought that MC will cure his split personality and or something similar......  :offtopic:   I think that I spent too much time reading Everlark (THG) fanfictions.

rezalina

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 06:36:53 AM
ahahah I think this otome is interesting in side of story.. although the MC action is doesn't make sense..

I have done with Mitsurugi Kyo route and now playing on Takato Iriya route...

yeah Iriya more gentle than Kyo to treat the MC..

I see in some older post said Kairi route is bad.. but I'm curious.. so I will play with that later...

but I think it's not different story with Kyo.. or you all mistaken the story about Kyo and Kairi route..?
Invite Code and username :

[size=85]

Shall we Date Angel or Devil+ -- Naomi -- PNMkH9RvWn

Mistress Contract  -- kus2263

tssf

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 07:27:22 PM
This game really is terrible in my opinion.
It's not even about being a bit dark, I'm not mad about the auction thing, but mainly because of the guys and the MC.
I expected more, much more. I'm currently on my second route (Iriya, first was Kairi) and although some people might think I'm crazy, I did not like Kairi's route, but I honestly can't even be bothered to properly read Iriya's...
I can deal with some themes, honestly, in Starstruck Love I am complaining about them pretty much announcing yanderes with that picture of the characters smiling and the disturbed version when they seem to actually be unable to make all of them proper yanderes.
But what they created in Bidding for Love is nonsense! I feel like slapping the character across the face all the time, sometimes I actually hope for her to get badly hurts, so she would finally understand what's going on.
About Kairi's route...
Spoiler  Hidden:
Needless to say, he had that terrible attitude at the beginning, and stupid little MC just deals with it. Not to mention that she doesn't run away often enough, she doesn't ask for help, and as a matter of fact, being described as oh so great in the auction must have been a lie, she's someone who deserves to be properly hurt.  She won't run away, she won't complain, she will just go along with everything, then she goes and let's him rescue her all the time... The change from bad guy to prince was way too sudden, it was just dumb, the MC of course never questions that...
As for the bad guys... She's a terrible idiot. Yes, I have to admit I had a few doubts in this game too. The actress... What was her name? Nishina? Something like that? Well, whatever her name was, I did think of her as bad character for a very long time, then again she was introduced too early and showed sighs of being a good person at heart, so it was clear she wasn't that bad...
I loved Kuroki. Yes, the ultimate bad guy. Well, it might be stupid and it might not have been a good choice if MC did it, but while Kairi was an asshole, Kuroki was pretty much the only kind character for quite some time. I really was happy every time he was there instead of Kairi and if he had his own route, I'd play it. Yes, I am pretty much ignoring what happened in the end, but still. Suspicious or not, I liked this guy. And I still do. Yeah, sure, Kairi warns the MC, oh, great, a warning from the ultimate asshole, well, I'd choose Kuroki! I honestly hoped that stupid creture would have stayed in his apartment forever . you know, a "that's what you get for being an idiot!"-ending.
And then Manabe... There were just so many signs, but MC trusts him, always forgets, doesn't tell anyone... Yeah, the reason why I really wish for her to stay in Kuroki's apartment must have been her idiotic behaviour around Manabe. Sure, it's such a sweet thing how he is surprisingly a good guy at the end, I always hate it when the guy loses his best friend - is it just me or is this a thing happening in Arithmetic's games a lot?
Really, Arithmetic keeps making the worst mistakes in games, at least for me. It's killing/losing friends, getting attacked thousands of times, someone(either MC or the guy) gets seriously wounded/almost killed...
And Iriya....
Spoiler  Hidden:
As much as other people comment on his "kindness", it is something I cannot detect. The MC is even worse in his route than in Kairi's! Really, he buys her, rapes her, is sexually harassing her at all times - and all the she does is comment on how amazing he is! She's sickening me! And Iriya too. He's worse than than all the other characters, I really hate him. I can't even read the terrible nonsense in his route. Instead of killing him, she falls in love with him. Instead of running away, she's commenting on how amazing he is... I hate the kind of character Iriya is. Yes, I usually love the princes, but I'm seriously reconsidering this ever since different games started publishing Arabic princes, the majority of them annoys me to no end, makes me really hate them. Along with the weak MC that stand next to them, allowing them to abuse and rape her.

Aquitaine

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:48 PM
I've finished Iriya's route and it is "cute" but boring. He is very prince like but the story didn't intrigue as much as Kairi's.

Spoiler  Hidden:
However, the abuse to the MC was much less and the only controversial thing is that she falls in love with him.

I like how the police protects them which doesn't happen in Kairi's route and doesn't make sense.

I would love a route with the police officer, he is hot and seems intelligent.

Hope that Kyo's is ok because at this point I am getting very disappointed with this game.

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?