collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Labyrinths of Astoria released for Android & iOS  (Read 7320 times)

Lilwyn

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 23
  • Kyori
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
on: July 16, 2015, 08:24:32 PM

Labyrinths of Astoria

~~~

Gods and Monsters living among humans can be a dangerous matter...
Good thing your agency exists to keep them in line. With big dreams and an even bigger heart,
you aspire to climb the agency's ladder until one day five mythical beings ask for your help!

"You don't know anything about monsters...yet."

People have always feared them, but...
Will you be the one to unlock the secrets to their cases...and their hearts?

~~~

For more information, visit Google Play or iTunes

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1563.0
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:14:11 PM by Aiwethryne »

MFWParty: 607a6cc3

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 12:07:45 AM
No matter how I look that does not look like the Underworld. What is Hades doing there. Plus what's with the rest of the characters. All of them has only one head too. Nope nope nope nope nope I don't want anything to do with this until someone makes sense of this mess. I like myths and stories based on them but this I have no idea what the heck.

potao

• Cafe Lover
  • Liked: 0
  • wow das bromantic
    • Share Post
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 12:44:09 AM
Looks like this "AmeMix" thing is going to be a new line of games, where Voltage Ent. USA attempts to cash in on Voltage Inc. (and the like)'s audience. They sure did a lot to make it resemble a Voltage Inc. game: same UI, included in the Sweet Cafe library, and even has the cute lil pink Voltage logo thingie on the app icon instead of the red Voltage Ent. one.

Seeing all the teasers and stuff, I thought the romantic interests were like legit monsters that had human disguises; but it seems like it's more like human-like lookin things (?) with funky monster auras? I guess they wanted to use a Greek/Roman-mythology-ish theme without comparisons being drawn to SCM, but this is...less hardcore than I wanted it to be. :c

~* more crud that pretty much can be summed up with "eh, meh" *~
Spoiler  Hidden:
There's been a few complaints about the art style, and I guess I fit into that bucket. I do like how many of the side characters have unique sprites of their own, but the quality of the romantic interests is the same as the side characters in a bad way.
Voltage Inc. games, in the fight of quality vs resources, usually amp up the quality of the romantic interests in exchange for less primped side characters or lack of side character sprites; imo I think this is better than giving all sprites the same quality in Voltage games' case because you'll be seeing the romantic interests sprites a whole bunch. You have to market your game based on the romantic interests general hawtness, and if that's lackluster you'll have to battle it out with story quality which can be poo.
Though I guess you'd warm up to it after a bit of exposure, like when I played FILA, KOR, and SITS. And I could just be needlessly picky and demand sprites to look like KBTBB Love Trap and SCM in order to be acceptable
and the special backgrounds are pretty.

Dunno why they had to split the Main Story into 3 parts, though. HLITF splits the story into 2 parts and even then I'm like "...why am i allowing u to take my money like dis" (HLITF is a better deal when it comes to how much you get anyway but I digress). At least price them at 2.99 each if you're going to play it like that D:

I wonder how this will go. There seems to be a fair amount of interest for it. I just hope that these games don't try too hard to be true Voltage Inc. titles because I'm a dastardly purist (as my long post has probably demonstrated) that hopes that Leon and Hydra never bump heads /shrugs
BMPP ID - 289438
KBTBB LT ID - 5376360

Ravonna

• Cafe Addict
  • Laugh with me.
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: iOS
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 02:08:09 AM
Oh~ I didn't notice til Potao pointed it out... It's not Voltage Inc... but I didn't know they had a US branch.
So they make original games?
Are their games bad?

I like the idea of the romantic interests being monsters with human disguises. XD
I mean, seriously, how will that kind of relationship work? haha
But then again, otome will make their monster form look human-ish... drop dead gorgeous human-ish...

How do you know who's Hades? I can't even tell these guys were Gods or monsters... They look like ordinary humans in Greek costumes.
And is that a girl? Does that mean there's going to be a female romantic interest? *wink wink*
Or is that just MC?
What do I do now?

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 02:24:41 AM
From the link that Vixey linked in the Cafe Chat

◔_◔

Vixey

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 4
  • Mrs. Fenrir~♥ /// On Hiatus from Playing
    • Share Post
    • Vixey's Tumblr
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 08:32:53 AM
I am really fascinated by this endeavor by Voltage. As Potao alluded, this is their launch of a new mixed style for a broader audience called AmeMix.
Quote from: Voltage <officialvoltageotome.tumblr.com>
Labyrinths of Astoria is our first game in our new AmeMix fusion line that combines anime art with original stories created with a global audience in mind!

THAT explains for me why the art style seems slightly off from what I'm used to. Still more appealing than their Voltage USA art style, but not as attractive as the more Japanese sprites of regular Voltage games.
Even so, I really like what they are trying here. Plus, that is definitely a female romanceable character they threw in there right? Unless Medussa is a side character, but then I don't think she'd be featured on the cover image with the others like that. That is pretty unusual and refreshing. There is a lot of new stuff they're trying out here, testing the waters, and I look forward to seeing future AmeMix (I'm already mistakenly calling it Animix like Anime Mix and have to correct myself) games as they figure out the best formula.

Hydra goddamn he is totally giving off this Kevin Levin (Ben 10) vibe and I am so digging it. Ffff I am all over him. I'm probably going to be calling him Kevin in my head the whole time.

ugh bye I'm gonna save up otomoney so I can date Kevin now *dreams come true*

And Cerberus, holy. So my type. LIKE COMPLETELY MY TYPE. I always define my type as a "german shepherd" guy, that is someone who embodies the characteristics of the German Shepherd breed of dog. We have international kokorians here so I'm not sure if everyone around the world is familiar with this kind of dog and what they're (bred and trained to be) like. They are just known to be great guard dogs and police dogs because of their intelligence, protective instincts, loyalty, and natural herding abilities. Okay maybe the herder part of the breed doesn't quite translate over to characteristics for a guy, lol. But okay I mean, my type is someone who is strong and very protective - but not in a controlling, nervous, or unhealthy way; just naturally guarding and protective in a good way...I don't know how to explain it properly to not make it sound like a double-edged sword. I just think that this balance can exist for a protective nature. And that besides this aspect, the guy is also very sweet and devoted especially in private and would do anything for you. That is my definition for a german shepherd type. So to have a game introduced that gives me a character with the spirit of Cerberus, a legit guard dog? Ahhhh!!! ♥♥♥

And here's everyone else

Hades looks awesome and flaming and reminds me of American hip-hop artist Sisqo, or maybe a little Ruby Rhod (The Fifth Element). Hehehehe.
And Tsume (Wolf's Rain)

Finally, I'm laughing because I feel like this MC suffers from 'resting bitch face' XD

And also wears too much lip gloss but whatevs

clioxclio

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 05:32:58 PM
No matter how I look that does not look like the Underworld. What is Hades doing there. Plus what's with the rest of the characters. All of them has only one head too. Nope nope nope nope nope I don't want anything to do with this until someone makes sense of this mess. I like myths and stories based on them but this I have no idea what the heck.

Hear, hear...

The first time I saw the pictures, I feel the same way as well. Though I don't really mind on the number of heads the characters have. But yeah, when I saw Hades...I was like...err...hello, sir? I think you're in the wrong bunch. It feels as if they just put him in there because he's related to Hell/Underworld. But in some ways, it's just odd.

Though after saying all the stuff, I'm still curious with the story  :sweat:. I have tried the free episode of Hydra, and to be honest...it kinda hooked me a bit  :whistle:. It just hurts me when I see the price. It's more expensive than the other games...  :sweat:

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Astoria: Fate's Kiss (Voltage USA) Walkthrough

Started by Kouryuu on Walkthrough Requests

0 Replies
Last post November 30, 2015, 04:42:47 AM
by Kouryuu
xx
Devil Beside Me released for Android

Started by xaaax on Otome Game News

6 Replies
Last post August 08, 2014, 01:28:44 AM
by Momocat
xx
Tease Me If You Can released for Android & iOS

4 Replies
Last post March 20, 2015, 07:12:25 AM
by Aiwethryne
xx
Be My Princess 2 released for iOS & Android

1 Replies
Last post May 18, 2014, 07:25:23 PM
by JasminDragon92
xx
Shall We Date?: Can't Say No released for Android

11 Replies
Last post December 06, 2013, 09:56:37 AM
by kokoro-cafe

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?