collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Ether  (Read 4319 times)

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
on: February 16, 2017, 02:34:28 PM
'sup :)

Well, I'm not super new here. I signed up in the forum some time ago. Boredom struck and I thought, why not chat in the community awhile?

I used to be really active in other forums :) maybe some of you used to be in the Irhene Gakuen forum?

Anyway. Please take care of me.

Cheers.

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1938.0

Advertise Here

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:03:27 PM
Hi Ether! Lol this community use to be more active but it's less so now. Everyone has gotten so busy nowadays including me. >_< Hopefully you will stay and chat for a while!

What otome games have you played? And what games do you prefer normally?

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 11:45:07 PM
Yeah, haha people do get busy with life. I'll be around for a while ^_^

In terms of otome games, I've played... let's see, Amnesia: Memories was fun. Weird but fun. Haha. Destiny Ninja and Ninja Love were cute, too.

I normally play console games, but I also enjoy the ones with features where you could pick someone you could end up with - Fire Emblem is a favorite in that aspect. Haha

There are a lot of Otome games in the market that I am interested in playing, but I just don't seem to have the patience to wait a certain amount of hours before I can continue playing.

How about you? ^_^

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 07:02:29 AM
I have amnesia memories too, I didn't get very far in it though. I kind of lost interest early on. Maybe I'll give it another try later. I've played quite a few otome games, my favorite being Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side. Hakuoki is a good one too. I prefer more interactive otome games though, maybe because I have a short attention span. :faint: I agree about the mobile games and having to wait until the next day to keep reading, I learned to just deal with the waiting though lol. Either that or spend a ton of money to keep reading~~

I use to play console games more but I feel like I hardly touch them anymore. Although, lol I don't think I've been able to finish a single console game aside from the Phoenix Wright series and the Tokimeki series. Oh, I did manage to finish a game called 999 once, mainly because I love mystery games. I'm also a  big fan of the Final Fantasy series, but again never managed to finish one. My bf had to play the most recent one for me so I can see the whole story. :sweat:

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:33 AM
FFXV was sort of bittersweet. It was a great game in itself but surprisingly I lost interest early on, though I did manage to finish it. I'd recommend you Mana Khemia but that was from an earlier console.

I also suggest hidden object games. While the ones I know of aren't otome games, it does offer a good storyline and a nice change of pace. They're short too so you don't have to worry about not being able to finish them :3

I suggest the Dark Parables series and also Otherworld.

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 06:35:20 AM
Yeah FFXV was definitely really bittersweet. I really liked the bromance but I realized I just can't do open world. I played FFXIII all the way to the point that it opened up and then I couldn't finish it. 

I've tried hidden objects games in the past and it never managed to keep my attention long.

Are Dark Parables and Otherworld console games?

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:02:07 PM
I agree on the bromance thing haha. It was cute. :)

Dark Parables and Otherworld, no, they're games you can play on your PC :) short and sweet. Haha. Otherworld is a little creepy but it's far from horror ^_^

Could you recommend a good otome game on mobile? I know I said I don't really have the patience but if I try a really good one then I can deal with it. Hahaha

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 02:56:21 PM
I remember your avatar from a long time ago. Fun to see you introducing yourself when I decided to come back.

I wish that I played more non-phone games, but they have stolen my life. I cannot even proceed in any of the PC or console games that I do own. Like KC, I stopped very few chapters into Amnesia. Phones are just easier to cling to.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 08:45:42 AM
@Ether Nice! I will have to look into those! Glad it's only creepy and not horror lol I'm such a chicken~ :rofl:

I really liked Mystic Messenger. Instead of playing a number episodes and then having to wait until the next day to play, Mystic Messenger splits it up so that the interaction is throughout the 24 hrs. If anything, the next chat scenario always comes too soon, it was so hard to keep up. If you like mystery at all, Lust in Terror Manor so far is pretty good. Hmmm.... depending on what languages you know, Tokimeki Restaurant is fun but it's Japanese only. It's different though, it's like a mix of one of those running a restaurant games meets otome game. You run a cafe and these pop stars visit the cafe and you can pursue any of them at the same time. Actually, I should probably first ask what kind of story lines you like to play when it comes to visual novels? :smile:

@Aiwethryne Yeah, I keep wanting to finish Backstage Pass but I'm always working on the computer so I always have to set aside time to actually play a game, where as my phone is with me constantly and I just pick it up when I'm bored or need a distraction.

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 06:42:35 PM
Hello Ether :)

I used to be on more often but I too have gotten busy, not that I really posted that much before. It takes a while for me to come up with a response.

Mystic Messenger is a great game, if you have the time for it. I would say my favorite mobile otome games are My Forged Wedding PARTY and Midnight Cinderella, and I would recommend them if you like playing events and if you like hard working heroines.

Can I suggest Several Shades of Sadism? (jk I haven't played enough to recommend it)

What's your signature, it kind of reminds me of Persona 5?

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 11:39:33 AM
Oh yay more people! Hahaha XD

@kokoro-cafe actually, I'm open to most anything except yuri/yaoi (got nothing against them, just not my taste) as long as the story is interesting ^_^

@Aiwethryne oooohhh so you've seen me before hahaha though I changed my avatar recently. Great to know you recognize me. hoho

@Sakuragawa hello ^_^ yes now that I think of it the character does look like MC from P5, but that's actually a chibi drawn by my best friend for me some years back. I should really be replacing my sig hahaha it's super old

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 08:04:00 PM
@Ether I also forgot to ask what kind of otome game you like, like a more interactive one or just a simple visual novels with occasional Q&A? I know some people just want to read the story instead of playing something more like a game.

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 01:46:27 PM
Ooh good question.

I honestly like both, but for now a visual novel would be nice since I don't have that much spare time. Though it'd still be nice if you could also recommend an interactive one :D if it clicks then I'll find time to squeeze it in ^_^

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 09:45:52 PM
There's a lot of good visual novels. Not sure how keen you are on spending a ton of money on them but I would recommend some of the classics like My Forged Wedding or Be My Princess. Be My Princess no longer has updates but the game is still running and I think you can still earn gems for it to expand closets and warehouses. Samurai Love Ballad is also good and their events are definitely the least stressful that I have played. No question and answer portions, just straight dialogue and some missions. I'm a big fan of Voltage.  Graphic and interface -wise they tend to be the most profesionally made and their dialogue is quite good. NTT Solmare visual novels are like that too but it's been a while since I played theirs so I'm not sure how they are now. I did enjoy Lust in Terror Manor's story, their game is harder to complete and will probably require several replays to get a good end so it will probably be frustrating, I'm stuck at the end and I can't get the love points high enough without spending way too much money so I kind of abandoned it because I really have no interest replaying the same story over and over again.

The more interactive ones I would definitely recommend Mystic Messenger for mobile and Backstage Pass for PC. Backstage Pass reminds me of Tokimeki Memorial games so it was really enjoyable. 

One other otome game I would recommend is Gochi-show for girls. It's a visual novel but at the same time it actually tries to teach you how to cook and the recipes are pretty good lol. Not sure if you are into that or not.

Ether

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 05:19:35 AM
All of those sound very interesting. I'm familiar with some of the company names you've mentioned but wasn't sure which game to play.

Samurai Love Ballad looks particularly interesting. I'll give that one a shot :D thanks! haha

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?