collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  The Prison Boys  (Read 6669 times)

Riyumi

• Cafe Lover
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
on: August 29, 2017, 03:57:34 AM
Hello all!

It's been a long time since I've been to this forum and I'm sad to see its activity has died. While more and more otoges are getting localized (yay~), I also found this interesting game. I've yet to start it, but I saw there were some that were interested in Ace Attorney so I'd like to introduce: The Prison Boys. If you like visual novels and escape games (e.g. AA, Zero Escape games, The Room, etc), then this is the game for you! It is a free app but in-app purchases can be made to speed along gameplay, as usual.

Here's a PV to give you a better idea of the art/premise of the game: here

This game came out June (so ~2 months ago) and can be installed with iTunes or Google Play.

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=2077.0
Once Upon a Fairy Tale--> 2WgHsi
Royal Midnight Kiss--> qKKCzh

All my igns for SWD/OKKO/Arythmetic,etc. are: Riyumi

Advertise Here

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:39:04 PM
Ah! I LOVE Ace Attorney games!!! Been looking for a replacement since 999! Thank you so much Riyumi! Also welcome back! :smile:

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:40:18 PM
I have it downloaded and read a little bit, well only a few minutes. I find it a bit clunky to play. Need to tap the text box to advance instead of being able to tap anywhere iirc. I was hoping for it to be playable offline too.

I do find the story intriguing though and would give it another chance sometime.

Riyumi

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 06:28:10 AM
Ah! I LOVE Ace Attorney games!!! Been looking for a replacement since 999! Thank you so much Riyumi! Also welcome back! :smile:
YEEES! I still need to finish the rest of the series on my phone~ The games feels more like Ace Attorney to me, but it's so hard to find something on the same level as 999. I believe The Room 1, 2, and 3 make the cut (minus a plot-driven story line). Unless it changed, the first Room game should be free. I felt it was very worth the purchase of the continued installments. Thank you~ 

I have it downloaded and read a little bit, well only a few minutes. I find it a bit clunky to play. Need to tap the text box to advance instead of being able to tap anywhere iirc. I was hoping for it to be playable offline too.

I do find the story intriguing though and would give it another chance sometime.
It is rather clunky :((  I haven't gotten far yet, due to school, but I'm really happy that they are making more of these visual novel/mystery/escape games. This is by far one of my favorite genres when I'm not playing otoge, hidden object games (that are actually difficult; I haven't found one that tops Secret Society), cooking/time management, puzzles, and rpg games. How many and which ones I play all depend on my mood and time xD 

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 05:36:13 PM
Still haven't had the chance to download, but while on the topic, have you guys played the The Secret of Chateau de Moreau? It's downloadable on iOS not sure if it's available for Android, but it's a really good visual novel puzzle game. I also really love the style of the game.

Riyumi

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 05:13:12 PM
@kokoro-cafe I have not. I tried searching the app store yesterday and it wasn't there ;-; It's either removed, not available in North America (which I doubt), or the name was changed? I would love to try it if it still exists! 

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 01:31:56 AM
@Riyumi Oh no, I tried to find it but I'm not seeing any links for it on iOS anymore. Such a shame, it had great reviews. But it was a few years back so I guess I can't say I'm surprised. :cry: I bought the game so I still have access to the download and it's an offline game so it's still playable luckily but I guess it's no longer for sale. Sorry~~

Riyumi

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 06:35:16 PM
No worries! I'm partially wondering if it's available on the android still and/or if there's something similar. I appreciate the recommendation nonetheless ^^

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 05:33:58 PM
@Riyumi It doesn't look as if they ever released it for Android and I don't think I've come across a similar game since then =(

Riyumi

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 06:29:18 AM
@kokoro-cafe Oh darn! Thanks anyway. 

Sorenson

• New to the Cafe
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:54 PM
@Riyumi It doesn't look as if they ever released it for Android and I don't think I've come across a similar game since then =(
I think you're right, Kokoro. I was looking for it on android too a while back. It's a unique game alright. Are the devs planing a sequel or something?

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 05:15:38 AM
@Sorenson I doubt it if the old one is no longer in the app store :cry: I still have access to i because I bought it but it's no longer available in store.

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

United-Nations
Bad Boys Do It Better [PAID]

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game Database & User Reviews

0 Replies
Last post April 22, 2016, 07:48:41 PM
by kokoro-cafe
United-Nations
Seven Boys 2 [PAID]

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game Database & User Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 28, 2017, 09:09:58 PM