Author Topic:  Guide for creating a Signature  (Read 3049 times)

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
on: May 24, 2014, 02:30:26 AM
I noticed that many people are trying to create Signatures for their game codes, but many are going about it in the least efficient way. Retyping or copying and pasting those blocks of text at the end of posts can easily be replaced by this method. For a general idea of what it can look like, my Signature is attached at the bottom of this post and is separated by a line.

(By the way, I swiped the below description from the HeavenGames Forum FAQ. The part about this being a new feature does not apply to this forum.)

What are Signatures?
You may use a signature (commonly used in email meesages) on your posts. This is a new feature, so if you registered previously, you may not have been queried about storing a signature, but if you click on the profile link at the top of most bulletin board pages, you will be able to edit your profile, including your standard signature. Once you have a signature stored, you can choose to include it any post you make by checking the "include signature" box when you create your post. This bulletin board's administrator may elect to turn the signature feature off at any time, however. If that is the case, the "include signature" option will not appear when you post a note, even if you have stored a signature. You may also change your signature at any time by changing your profile.
There is a limit on how large your signature can be. The limits are set by the forum administrators.

Note: You may not use HTML in your signature file, but you may use BB Code

How do I add a Signature?
Simply put, click these buttons at the top right of the forum:
Profile > Modify Profile > Forum Profile

For those of you who had been here before the site menus changed, or if you are on a random forum not associated with this site that goes by a default template, your User Control Panel (UCP) is typically where you first click to access and edit your personal information entry fields.

If you wish to include images and/or links, please refer to the other FAQ guides:
Basics of BBcodes
New BBcodes
Guide for posting images

Other things to remember:
There is a 300 character limit, including any coding and URL addresses you add. Images in these Signatures currently have a height limit of 300 pixels. Image height will not impact character limit. There is no set width limit (as far as I know), but making sure the width is approximately 500-600 pixels will probably keep the image from extending further than the board's frame.

A message will appear if you exceed any of these parameters, so you just need to check over your content and trim as needed.

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1018.0
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:20:03 PM by Aiwethryne »
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

kurikku

Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 04:10:52 AM
Is there a recommended size for the signature if I want to include pictures in it? :grin2:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 04:50:19 AM
Last I remember, sig pics had since been given a height limit of 300 pixels. It used to be higher, but there were the odd times when people would paste ginormous CGs as their sig pics. It can be horizontally as long as you want, but I suggest stopping around 500 or 600px because it would go beyond the board's frame and cut off on mobile devices.

Ah, I forgot to mention that your sig also needs to fit within 300 characters, and that includes the coding and URL of whatever image(s) you include. That is why I don't have enough space in my sig, and I link off-site.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Guide for posting images

Started by kokoro-cafe on Tutorials

2 Replies
Last post August 12, 2014, 08:52:07 AM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
Guide for posting CG images

Started by kokoro-cafe on Tutorials

23 Replies