collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Poll

What do you usually name the protagonist?

Default name
5 (3.9%)
Your real name
24 (18.9%)
Alternative name
40 (31.5%)
Based on your real name
23 (18.1%)
Based on your existing moniker
4 (3.1%)
Based on an existing fictional character's name
16 (12.6%)
Mixture of the above
15 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic:  What do you usually name the protagonist?  (Read 11111 times)

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 07:16:04 AM
XD Oh no, I do want you all to be able to find me. It doesn't sit right with me because I consider them all to be different people so I try to give them all different names. That's why I find it annoying when they all behave so similarly. The word flustered? SO OVERUSED. Don't they know what a thesaurus is! And according to dictionary.com:
"Few English speakers likely know this word."

I want an emotionally balanced MC for once. Or an MC that can stay composed even if her mind isn't.

When I came up with the MC's name for BMPP I was thinking about how sleep-deprived I am and I remembered some chemical things that I learned about in school and proceeded to Google it. If I had known/realized she would be a designer then maybe I would have chosen a different name. But now I've taken a shine to it. It has a nice ring to it.

If only the AoD MC was wearing a hospital gown instead of undies. It would be nice if the MC could change her undies too. :'( Imagine a guy telling the MC that her undies are not sexy or cute enough...or not. Must stop thinking in that direction...

BTW, I gave all the MC's in the SWD games the same family/last name, Sakuragawa. :P

I like all of the MC's, I just get these violent impulses sometimes when they behave like idiots.
Spoiler  Hidden:
Never go full retard. :dizzy:

Arisa-chan

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 08:37:49 AM
Lol it's funny I'm the only one using my name and pretending I am the MC. Then again I'm just that kind of person who gets immersed in something as if it's happening to me.
I also hate the default name (and default outfit! I try to get out of that as soon as possible because it makes me feel so basic) and try to avoid accepting friends with the default because it makes it seem like they're not that into it and couldn't be bothered picking a name or even a nickname, or they are in the tutorial batch friend request part.
In Cinderella Contract I'm pretty sure it's Risa, in Fairy Love Tale I think it's Misaki, and in Royal Midnight Kiss I think it's Haruki. I could be wrong, I'm just going by what I've seen to be the most common name by far on new people.

that part that I bold, happenings to me, too
the only difference is I use alternative name so it will give ma chance to turn into someone completely new with another life  :tongue2:

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 09:32:22 AM
Visual novels in first person make me feel like I'm reading someone's diary. =w= But I still fantasize enough to end up thinking in terms of "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE MEEEE?!" if the guy distances himself. If I place myself in any perspective, though, I am more likely to immerse myself in the role of the man. Somehow it feels like all the years I've played games and watched anime with male main protagonists going after the girl held a role in that.

There was once a moment of temporary confusion while I was playing Ninja Love+ because I mentally mixed up the name of the MC I used in that app with the default name I kept in Ninja Love for GREE. Having played as the default Akane for so long, it was really weird suddenly switching to Aiwei and playing the same routes I already completed in the GREE version. I guess that I got used to using Aiwei almost everywhere that the old name I used in BMP for GREE is not impacting how I read my replay of Roberto's route in BMP: PARTY.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Sol

• New to the Cafe
  • Closet Otome Gamer
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: iOS
Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 08:05:19 PM
I used to used my real name when I first got into playing otome games. But as of now, I like to use an alternative name but it remains constant for all games that I play. If I'm prompted to input last name and it has a default last name, I stick with that just because I don't have the time and energy to think of another last name lol. The alternative name is something I like very much and if I could change my legal name to that alternative name, I probably would lol!

lyssa

• Cafe Addict
  • Yukimuraaa x'3
    • Share Post
    • My Tumblr
Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:09 PM
Well this is interesting xD

For me, I keep the same name in almost every game which is a mixture of my real name, my moniker, and my favorite fictional character's name: Lyssa Lockheart. My real name is Ly (I did use it in a few alternative worlds in my early gaming days, but never in any otoge). I go by the name Sas in a lot of places. With these 2 names together I decide to pick the anagram "Lyssa", plus I like it because it's also the name of the Greek goddess of rabies and insanity LOL. It gives me a familiar feel but not entirely my identity, just what I want in a fictional setting.

And "Lockheart" is based on Tifa Lockhart from FFVII, my most beloved female character in the franchise. Lyssa Lockheart = LL, which is also my abbreviated nickname in real life, so this name connects to me in many ways xD

However, there are certain times when I don't feel like using that name. In BMP2, for example, I think it's weird enough that I'm dating my grandsons..., I don't want my name to constantly remind me of that. Other cases are when I need a fitting Japan-ish name, for that I use Suta Raito for no specific reason (it just happens to stick with me for quite some time since I used it on facebook). But I may change to Risa instead, as it sounds somewhat like Lyssa, and the kanji that can be used in 'Ri' is half similar to the kanji in my real name 'Ly', meaning 'departing'.

I dislike default names too. I also avoid adding people using default names as they seem half-hearted to the game imo.
Otoge IDs:
Be My Princess Party 267790
Samurai Love Ballad 2190055

Rei Kurobane

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 02:47:00 AM
 :rofl: i always go for a name in japanese or a name that i like but never my real name
and yes i get that feeling of having 6 and more risa´s  in ur friend list >_< :dizzy: :dizzy:

i think in most of the games im like  :love: when im playing because when i read  i think of myself as the MC but also there are times in the main story there are girls so mean and im like :angry2: :angry2:  but in the end im happy with the happy ending :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:51:52 AM by Rei Kurobane »

ArtemiS2

• Cafe Lover
  • LeviMika ♥
    • Share Post
Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 08:58:24 AM
I use my real name whenever possible and am playing as if it's me. I love the arithmetic games that let you have a separate in game name and social name. And in SWD friends are one sided and non interactive, so I don't connect with anyone but strangers and don't care if they see my name. In Voltage though which is social but does not separate, I use my handle instead so it's easier for people here to find me and I feel more comfortable interacting. I've also gotten used to being called by my handle, so it doesn't feel weird in the story part but I will temporary switch to my name on some occasions for dialog screenshots.

[member=19266]Vixey[/member] SAMEEEE. I use my real name because i personally love it and completely imagine i'm the MC  :sweat: which is why i get even more frustrated/mad/annoyed if the MC/me reacts differently from what i'd actually do... >_< but unfortunately, my name's a bit unique, so am personally not very comfortable using it for socially interactive games like voltage's Party series :blush: (where i use ArtemiS2 or LeviMika, the former inspired by one of my fav goddesses and the latter manga-inspired by my personal fav OTP  :love: ) but i do use my real name for the paid games :P
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:00:22 AM by ArtemiS2 »
BMPP Friend ID: 268404
MFWP Friend ID: 107059
Midnight Cinderella: 7Qya0DaV
Cheritz♥

LittleYuki

• Cafe Addict
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 08:37:08 PM
Normally I use my real name or my real nick name... that way when the characters call me by name, I feel like its really addressed to me. Or in voltage inc games/ntt solmare game cases, I can receive mails that is addressed to me.

Though... there are times I had to improvise.. like in LLfTX case with Yuki who happened to have the same name as mine or in Yukinojo's case. I had to change. :D
~~ Losing you would be the most painful thing ever...don\'t you know that?- Takuto Hirakawa, Love letter from Thief X

Arphazell

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 11:21:39 PM
it depend on the context. If I pick a game that I suppose quite serious, or good I'll go for a "normal name" ( for Hakuouki, for instance, I named her with colors name matching the character I targeted at the time, and changed at each new playthrough)

for a game that I won't take seriously, or when I have really low expectations, I go for a joke option and name the protag hoping to obtain funny sentences. Like " Silly Girl" or " saucy suzy".
Which gave me rewards like " you're not like the others, you're silly", or "My name is Suzy, Saucy Suzy".

Sometimes I had to change , btw: when I choosed a joke name, and the game is actually interesting, so I don't feel like keeping the joking option.
Or the other way, I played a game that I ended to find very bad and renamed Protag " Killme Please" in the middle.

I other cases, I keep the default name for lack of ideas, but I never use my real name or something sounding like it, it would feel rather strange or incomfortable, especially when there is harassment scenes.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:25:55 PM by Arphazell »
In need of an invite code?
serendipity next door: z90udE0
enchanted in the moonlight: 2KOrY81
the cinderella contract: tpeXgZ
Vampire darling: HCZG87

Thank you for using them :)

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?