collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! (or Cute High Earth Defense Club)  (Read 7822 times)

Washu_Takahashi

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 2
  • Otome Queen
    • Share Post
    • http://www.facebook.com/washu.takahashi
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Not exactly an otome, but it has a full cast of hot guys, so close enough! (And according to wikipedia, an Android/iOS game will be released in February?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cute_High_Earth_Defense_Club_Love!

A quick intro for those who haven't heard of it: "The story centers on the five students in the Boeibu/Defense Club (aka "a club to do nothing") at the Binan High School. Involving the battle between the two mysterious creatures came from the outer space, they have to fight against Seifukubu/Conquest Club (Student Council), as the successors to the throne "Battle Lovers.""

TL;DR: Magical boy anime that is complete satire and breaks all the magical girl tropes.

So who's all watching this series? I watched episode 1 and it was so funny I had to pause multiple times to laugh before continuing the episode. I had really high expectations for this anime, and it knocked them straight out of the park! Can't wait for episode 2! Anyone have a favorite character? I claimed Ryuu months ago, back when all I knew was his appearance, and go figure he ends up being the playboy, which is the type I usually go for xD

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1365.0
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:36:27 PM by Washu_Takahashi »
Destiny Ninja - LT4CeyJs1q
Ninja Assassin - NGkbYLK3Sw
Ninja Love - JB40ZqEyAs
Be My Princess: Party - f583188d - 310591

washutakahashi.tumblr.com

Advertise Here

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
OMFG A GAME?! I MUST PLAY.

I'm obviously watching. I love it. Magical girl is so my area, but I was aching for more magical boy stuff. And here it arrived in harem minus the girl form! I was talking about this with Vixey a couple of days ago, so tempted to spam her with more screenshots, but Tumblr already did that to her. I first learned of this series when I was looking up the anime charts for upcoming shows a month ago, and I knew that I HAD to watch it. Didn't realize it was to come out until I happened to read Sakuragawa's post the day around its showing. Since they are all dressed up for the most part, it hasn't given me a weird-out attack, yet. I find their transformations amusing enough.

Megane-kun (can't remember anyone's names) looks off in green. Since the battle formation centers blonde boy, would he be considered the leader...? When I started watching the first episode, the first minute of exposition was... uh, what? Then came the mahou shoujo satires. The fugly mascot. The forced flowery expressions. The outfits.

As I am a fan of the Pretty Cure/Precure franchise, I could see how this show could be a direct parody of how they have created their entire series. I kept thinking of Heartcatch Precure. Also got Shugo Chara vibes. But I can only imagine the demographics. The whole childish magical girl-ness of Precure is vastly dominated by middle aged men, so this obviously not-aimed-for-little-children-but-probably-innocent-enough magical boy territory would likely be teenage to adult women.

I don't have a favorite. Doubt I will, but I enjoy the ore-sama personality of pink man. Blonde boy, especially being voiced by a woman, is enough of a girl to me to make this a reverse harem.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:58:36 PM by Aiwethryne »
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Washu_Takahashi

• Cafe Addict
  • Otome Queen
    • Share Post
RIGHT?! I have a bad feeling it'll only be Japanese at first, but my fingers are crossed for a translation...

I heard about this anime MONTHS ago. But back then all we had was the name, what the characters looked like (transformed and not), and a guess that it had something to do with hot springs cause of the logo xD MAGICAL BOYS IN HOT SPRINGS?! COUNT ME IN.

The satires were BEAUTIFUL. THE SPARKLING PRINCE IS GONNA SPARKLE YOUR SPARKLES OFF. I AM AWESOME FIRE. xD The attack names just kept getting worse and it was great. I agreed that Epinard looks weird in green...especially since his element is apparently air, but he's got a clover behind him? (I can remember all of their transformed names, but regular names are still a hit and miss)

I didn't watch too much of Pretty Cure, and only the original (I think?) one at that. But it's a great parody of all magical girl animes. Definitely could feel the Shugo Chara vibe, LOVED Shugo Chara. Among my friends, the demographics are all over the places. My early twenties girl friends who typically love things like Free and otome anime of course love it. But I convinced three guys inh their early to late tewnties to watch it last night and they all loved it. The anime is getting a lot of hate so far, but it's from people who aren't watching it. If you watch it, you know the whole thing is one big joke.

Blondie/Hokane/Sparking Prince Scarlet is totally the leader. I just can't get over how much he looks like Nagisa from Free, and has the same VA xD "Looks like Nagisa decided to quit swimming and be a magical boy" lol.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Since I don't know Japanese, how does Bi... Blahblahblah Love roughly translate to the other blahblah Defense Club without "Love" in it? I must have seen something about this show months ago while browsing various Tumblrs, but I simply don't remember. What you pasted in the first post is like a synopsis of the first episode. I am more content with the description used in anilist:
The story centers on the five students in the Boeibu/Defense Club (aka "a club to do nothing") at the Binan High School. Involving the battle between the two mysterious creatures came from the outer space, they have to fight against Seifukubu/Conquest Club (Student Council), as the successors to the throne "Battle Lovers."

Of course guys who can get over how they dress and all the sparklies would find this hilarious, too, but I still imagine it would be a turn off to a lot of others who obstinately don't want to touch it, though. The fanservice and seeing men "naked" makes some guys I have seen really disgusted once they do get to it.

I ended up watching a recent Precure movie because I started thinking about it. =w=;; Still need to finish watching Free!, but thinking about their bodies continues to freak me out. But I also thought Nagisa. I saw that it was the same seiyuu in the comments some place, but people were arguing over it so I wasn't sure. I think that I'll rewatch the first ep of this show once the second comes out to reprocess information.

Oh, screw it. I'm watching it again now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:38:22 PM by Aiwethryne »

Washu_Takahashi

• Cafe Addict
  • Otome Queen
    • Share Post
I changed the description to that one since it makes way more sense. The other description was from the poorly written wiki page...

I actually attempted to translate the title on my own to see how badly it was butchered, and it's literally "Handsome Men High School Earth Defense Club LOVE" The English version they made has LOVE at the end too, I was just too lazy to put it in the title xD I think "Binan High School Earth Defense Club LOVE" would make a better title than "cute high". Binan is the name of the school they go to so just leave that alone. And cute high sounds SO dumb.

I personally find it hilarious that guys are put off by the transformations when we've had magical girl transformations of the same nature for who knows how long. Such a double standard. You don't hear (most) females complaining about nudity in Sailor Moon, so suck it up and deal with some "nudity" in the magical boys.

Watch it! Over and over again! Sadly I have no internet access during the week accept my phone, and watching anything would kill my data @.@ Waiting til the weekend to watch this sucks...

Vixey

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 4
  • Mrs. Fenrir~♥ /// On Hiatus from Playing
    • Share Post
    • Vixey's Tumblr
Inevitable thread was inevitable

~~~~~~~

And this was the tumblr post/images that originally alerted me to this series last week

http://otomesiren.tumblr.com/post/107479326447/naranciaw-it-is-the-year-2015-and-this-is-a

And then Aiwei mentioned it to me and the two of us were electronically jumping up and down about it

And then I wake up today and see that there is now a discussion thread on blahblahblahLove right here on Kokoro Cafe and I'm like OF COURSE

On that note, I really need to get around to watching Free aka The Swimming Anime. But this magical boy one seems like it's on a whooooole other level by golly.

And of course otoge-loving ladiez (and menz) be all about dis.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:51:26 AM by Vixey »

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
Fufufu. I showed this to my 8 y/o sister. I think she was cool with it.

My favorite character is Hakone Yumoto's brother Gora, who's voiced by Sugita Tomokazu.(and Gintama is coming back soon X'D) He hasn't really been introduced yet so I'm anticipating that in future episodes.

These guys have really hard to pronounce names that are difficult to remember. Especially Wombat's.
Spoiler  Hidden:

There's also a spin-off manga. http://www.ponimaga.jp/comic/293
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:34:00 AM by Sakuragawa »

Lilwyn

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 23
  • Kyori
    • Share Post
omg my fav seiyuu is in this one! I saw the character and was like he's totally my type then looked at the seiyuu, yep definitely my type! <3 Hiroshi Kamiya

MFWParty: 607a6cc3

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Upon reading his name, Zundar is now my favorite character.

ZUNDAAAAR
It sounds mighty majestic in that deep tone~

Once I saw Kinshirou (and his name now reminds me of NA's Kin), I thought of Ninja Assassin's Natsume. Strange how that happened. And the outfits of the nemeses make me think of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Washu_Takahashi

• Cafe Addict
  • Otome Queen
    • Share Post
OTOME GAME IS CONFIRMED

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-08/cute-high-earth-defense-club-love-smartphone-game-unveiled/.82993

But looks like it's definitely just in Japanese. Join my prayer circle as we hope for a translation lmao.

And after this post I'll likely avoid this thread until the weekend since I won't be able to watch the new episode until like Friday xD

You should definitely watch gay swimmers anime. That anime actually has WAY more plot than you'd think. And you'd imagine season 2 would be garbage made just to milk to profits a bit longer...nope. Season 2 is actually BETTER than season 1 in my opinion.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
EEEEKKK! A cheesy magical guy will protect // me //~~ I choose girly boy! Now linking this news and anime info to the Anime Adaptations thread.

I haven't read the article in full, but I sure hope we get to romance the opposition.

Washu_Takahashi

• Cafe Addict
  • Otome Queen
    • Share Post
EEEEKKK! A cheesy magical guy will protect // me //~~ I choose girly boy! Now linking this news and anime info to the Anime Adaptations thread.

I haven't read the article in full, but I sure hope we get to romance the opposition.

The video on that page showed the student council, including them all blushing and everything. So I'm assuming we can date them. I want the long pink haired one who is probably hella yandere @.@

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Love Academy High Definition for Android Released

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game News

14 Replies
Last post September 26, 2012, 08:44:19 PM
by kokoro-cafe
United-Nations
Gakuen Club [PAID]

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game Database & User Reviews

0 Replies
Last post May 18, 2017, 05:22:15 PM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
[Release] Gakuen Club for Steam

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game News

0 Replies
Last post May 18, 2017, 05:27:50 PM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
Queen of Defense released for Android

Started by xaaax on Otome Game News

4 Replies
Last post February 16, 2015, 07:27:49 PM
by LittleYuki
xx
A very late introduction to everyone, by a cute lurker

Started by Chii on Introductions

5 Replies
Last post October 26, 2013, 03:29:53 PM
by foreverfriendsg

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?