collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Which smartphone to get for otome gaming...  (Read 3632 times)

Mizuki

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
    • http://somanylols.tumblr.com/
on: March 15, 2014, 03:13:37 AM
So I'll be making the move from iPod to ? sometime (I'm pretty sure I said that last year as well), and I was considering Android~ (sorry, tickles) since Apple products are quite expensive... And despite my rather large app library XD In particular, I was looking at the Samsung Galaxy S4, and the Nexus 5. I worry a little about the size, but I'm sure I can cope with it somehow.

Android users (especially those who have both OS, or have switched from iOS~), how have you found the experience when playing otome games? No issues or incompatibilities? I know you get some games earlier than others :3

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=888.0
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Persona

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:17:31 AM
I did a move from apple to android. And I went straight back to apple.
Android interfaces are just horrible. I like the clean cut of the apple ones. True they are expensive but you get the quality out of them, but I brought an iPhone over eBay for around $250 and it's been with me for a while now. The amount of great deals on phones on eBay is great.
Androids I always got told they are a Mans Phone as they big and stocky, never really like playing otomes on them because of that reason and a few others like
In my experience when you hold them side wards to play many games I end up pressing the back button that they have so many times, I felt like strangling it. Lol

Getting games early is ok, but after a bit they both come out for iOS. I still have my android which I use for those apps for android only. My calling phone is still an apple product. But I use an iPad to play the majority of games on there now.
But if your switching from iOS to android to play otomes you have to revert back to an apple if you want to play anything that you already brought, so that kind of irritated me in a sense.

My mom has a Nexus and the thing is so easily to break it's unbelievable. And she really isn't that clumsy. Her experience with that service is horrible, but she is too lazy to change as all she uses it so far is calling, texting and checking the weather.

So in hindsight I prefer the apples over androids. I haven't brought an apple product from Apple themselves but always from eBay, as long as you read the description it's fine. As sometimes second hand is a way to go and half the time it's insurance comes out to be cheaper if you get it from somewhere else. It's where to look that makes it worthwhile.

''Take My Hand Into The World Of....It's A Trap!''
[size=85]--BMP Adbridged Version By Admiral Ackbar--[/size]

OtomeBabe

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 35
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 12:35:10 PM
I'm second to persona. Clumsy me (iphone) and my bff (android) dropped our mobiles for couple times, mine device is still ok but her mobile screen is .... I considered once to buy second device for Android but I think again what for? Thanks to Bluestacks, I can play some games on my PC using it.  I hardly remember games are out only for Android users but I can name some updates or games that available only for Apple users.

Agree on ebay (oh how I love ebay XDD) but you can try other way too. I bought my iphone through my mobile provider so I paid €25 for 24 months along with mobile contract and it was new, right after Apple released it. Maybe you can try that way? Another reason why I prefer apple, cause I can buy itunes card with 20% sale (€50 for only €40!) so it means I can get 3 main stories from Voltage for free :p something I hardly find for google play card.

My boss, who hates smart phone to the bone, had once a brand new Samsung Note 4 but then gave up and trade it with his friend for an old iphone 4. To him, it's easier to understand and he can put it in his pocket. But I guess for younger users, you won't face the same problem.

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 32
    • Share Post
    • http://ayas-dream-world.tumblr.com
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 05:53:26 PM
I know some who actually uses those phones with that "back button" to play otomes. And they also continuously keep ending up pressing that. One even gave up and using a cover to prop it up, but she mentions that it gets a little hot and likes to turn off. This made her lose a Love Pass.
But also because of their size it's easier to end up dropping it if your playing...Another of someone I know dropped it as well during play as she had small hands (women mostly have small hands.....Over than my gran she has titanic hands) But I've heard from reviews the androids that are smaller are also don't have a lot of battery life and have a dodgy touch screen

I've actually handled an android with that weird button and I did actual press it too many times to count.

Though that I do agree on that iTunes cards always have a sale....I've never even seen a google play sale. So more for your buck?

I can't exactly say a lot over this as I've only had a iPhone, which I of course got of eBay as well. (Lol) Which I also got a good deal on. It's hands down cheaper to buy anything from eBay than from the actual retailer.

- Something To Make You Smile Yours Sincerely Aya -

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 08:42:57 AM
Lol! So much hate for the Android. I own an iPod touch (although really old now) and when I got my Android I almost never touched my iPod for anything but music.  Using the S4 now actually but I haven't played as many otome games since I got it. From what I have played things seem stable enough as stable as iOS in my opinion.  The only game that wasn't running on the S4 at all was My Killer Romance... I think.  But we aren't big fans of Voltage USA here anyway so not a big deal.  Concerning what Aya was saying though~~ I've never actually had a problem with the back button in Android, I actually love it and hate the fact that Apple only has one button which is so easy to break. The button on my ipod is on the verge of breaking and using their assistive touch leaves an ugly circle blocking up a portion of my screen. =/ Annoys me so much, so much more convenient with the back button lol. The phone getting hot shouldn't be a normal occurrence, read somewhere that if your phone gets that way then you have too much spyware or something on your phone. Not sure how true that is, but I'm pretty sure it gets hot because it's overworking itself so it may be caused by spyware?  My phone very rarely gets hot in my hands.  As for dropping Androids~~ my hands are tiny and I've never dropped my S4 playing games before but then I'm one of those people who never buys a case for her phone so my phone remains thin and light. As for the size issue... when I first got the S2 I hated how big it looked but once you switch to a bigger screen I swear you will never want to switch back. Each time the screen got bigger I shuddered and then I bought the phone and used it and loved it. Playing a game on a bigger screen like the S4 beats out the iPhone screen any day in my opinion.  Although I do love the sharpness on the iPhone 5 I have to admit, something that S4 doesn't have.

S4 in general though is pretty kick ass though, really fast and runs everything very smoothly.  I haven't had any problems running apps so far.  Keep in mind S4 and other Androids are still different though, while most other droids use stock launcher from Google, S4 if you buy the normal Samsung one uses Touchwiz.  I don't like either actually, which is the beauty of Androids. You can customize just about anything with an Android and I have a 3rd party launcher that is customized to do exactly what I want which is amazing without having to jailbreak the thing. Possible downsides though if you are moving over from Apple, battery life may not be as good.  I haven't actually compared specs but it feels like it and a friend of mine said the same thing to me although he's also always using 4G and probably has NFC running which probably drains his battery like crazy anyway.... Actually just took a look at specs and the battery for the S4 should be better, so.... maybe I was imagining things lol.  The only real complaint about the S4 I have had so far is the storage.  It's not a huge deal with the expandable slot you can have up to 64 gb SD card if I remember right which goes beyond an iPhone at a fraction of the cost. The problem comes in when not every app can be moved to the SD card... and yeah you get the point. Other than that it works beautifully. I normally keep my otome games on my ipod though since I have the tendency to switch out phones every year or so not always by choice. =/ Last one ended up as laundry... although I have to say for a phone with no case that went through the washer for 1+ hours it held up really well you know aside from the water damage and all, no cracked screen and barely any paint damage.  That was a white S3 so I'm really impressed how solidly built it was.  I would never be insane enough to put my phone through the washer purposely but it was good to know that it is a solid phone. XD

As for which phone to choose I would say Apple lol but only because there's the chance I could get some commission to help out the site because iTunes is nice and they share profits. If I was serious though I would say it's a toss up between what you can afford and what you are comfy using. Android will take a bit of adjustment that's for sure when coming off of iOS. Some people adjust well to it and others really don't.  If you are a techy type of person that likes to explore the ins and outs of your phone then Android is a good match, if you like clean, simple and stupid proof then iPhone is your phone. Also, it's not always guaranteed that every app will work for the device you choose on Android. iOS will be much more assuredly stable in that area. But then again more otome apps to choose from so far on Android it seems. =/ Tough call.

Magna Carta

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 12:53:28 PM
I can't say much about smartphones as haven't had one for long now. But I actually do thirded to say that I haven't seen a sale on Google Play cards..just last week iTunes cards was like buy a £25 for £20 instead. And so far that would be at least 2 main stories for free, well for me but isn't it different in dollars so don't know on that facto.
I work in a supermarket when I'm not at school, and it heard that google cards are like never on sales but iTunes do, since they are generous. Google being money grabbers? Hm

My brother however officially works for Apple, and according to him Apple has sales on their cards at least once a month to once every two months. This is either going to be in effect soon or is already in effect.

Otome games do come out earlier half the time (the ones not done by the big ones like Voltage etc) Mainly to the facto that it's easier to get your app on android. Which also brings in riffraff. So far I've seen if this happens the iOS version comes out like a week after.

So this is information on the state on more money for your buck. On the actual phones themselves I'm a noob to their kind.
Here something to brighten up your day.

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 32
    • Share Post
    • http://ayas-dream-world.tumblr.com
Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 01:02:14 PM
My official otome granny uses an iPhone for her doing and she is pretty fine with it, I'm slowly getting her to change to use otomes with an iPad. Lol. As for me so far it's the best move I've done in a while.
But I wouldn't suggest using a android tablet.....As their just nasty, as it compacts the graphics but an iPad stretches it, well this is what I've seen so far.

iTunes cards sales more often ? Oooo. I need to think about buying cards instead of it taking money straight out of my account then. Lol

Magna Carta

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 03:39:42 PM
I've already exploited the iTunes deals...I've saved £20 so far and That is like over ten 'free' stories.

Just thought I like to mention. Android does seem to get games kinda early because it's easier to post them.  But iOS also gets updates earlier than android. Mostly from the Voltage ones.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:48 PM
I am one of the people who loves the back button on Android, but my cheapo Android Nobis tablet broke after only three or so months. It never overheated, but it already had problems turning on a couple of months ago. Mine NEVER responded well to surges of energy, whenever I tried to recharge while it was on. As soon as the plug touched the outlet, it would restart. 3__3 But you're planning to get a new product with the Android OS. I believe that mine could largely be because it is an old, flipping cheap product that I have lost several game files to - SEVERAL TIMES.

Aside from that, Android screens have such saturated colors that does not reduce much with the decrease of backlight. It hurts my eyes. It seems to be a thing that Android keeps because both of my parents' phones looked that way, as well as both Android tablets. I can't really say much for the benefits of Android phones specifically, since I only dabble with my parents' phones once in a while.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

wink
Your Favorite Freemium English Smartphone Otome Game Heroine?

Started by Sakuragawa on Game Polls

10 Replies
Last post June 24, 2015, 09:20:21 PM
by Sakuragawa
xx
New to Otome games.

Started by PoisonLilies on Otome Game Discussions

5 Replies
Last post October 28, 2013, 08:52:21 PM
by OtomeBabe
xx
Looking Otome fanfiction

Started by Mariana Tsukino on Otome Game Discussions

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2014, 04:43:26 PM
by Kelz206
xx
Otome games R18

Started by lilika on Otome Game Discussions

5 Replies
Last post April 06, 2016, 06:23:59 PM
by Yukionnal
xx
Hello otome buddies~

Started by Kaworu-Why on Introductions

5 Replies
Last post August 18, 2015, 12:46:38 AM
by Kaworu-Why

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?