collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  (“Nensho!”) Burn Your Fat With Me! FG  (Read 12443 times)

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
on: June 13, 2015, 04:57:37 AM

From Google Play page:
"The revolutionary fusion of otome game + fitness app that's hugely popular in Japan is finally making its English-language debut!Burn Your Fat With Me for Girls is the first ever romance adventure fitness app intended for girls.
The app has a cast of popular Japanese voice actors, plus actors living in America, for a huge volume of vocal recordings with about 1,000 words!!
Kei Katsuragi    CV: Daisuke Namikawa(Jp), Jon Bullock(En)
Toma Maizono    CV: Ryohei Kimura(Jp), Howard Wang(En)
Ryuji Shiba      CV: Katsuyuki Konishi(Jp), Curtis Arnott(En)
"Burn Your Fat With Me for Girls" is free to download!
There is also some paid content available, but you can enjoy the game to the end for free.
“Burn your fat with me!!” series is a fitness app/dating sim that provides players with the motivation to work out through moé, a Japanese term describing that heart-melting feeling you get when you see an adorable female anime character.

We call it moévation.

Tested with iPhones4, 4S, iPhone5, 5S, iPhone6; iPod touch 4; and iPads 2 and 3
Compatible with iOS 7.0+;
Developed and produced by Creative Freaks"

Android/Google Play (The game was last updated July 20, 2015, size is 30MB)

iOS/Apple App Store (The game was last updated July 21, 2015, size is 93.2MB)

I'm glad it's finally in English. Even though I found Kei annoying when I first played it. :P

The English translation from what I've seen so far is great.  :1st:

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1533.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:58:21 PM by Sakuragawa »

Advertise Here

Vixey

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 4
  • Mrs. Fenrir~♥ /// On Hiatus from Playing
    • Share Post
    • Vixey's Tumblr
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 05:11:48 AM
Moevation
MOEVATION
oh my god I can't even

I still can't decide if I want to try this or not
Like, I'm pretty curious because I can't imagine how they pull this off as an otome game that makes you exercise
But also, a bunch of hot guys pushing me to burn calories and eat less and lose weight is the LAST thing I'd want in my life, I'd run far (okay, walk) in the opposite direction of that idea

One of the things I like about being on dating hiatus in real life is that it frees me like never before to not worry about how attractive I look to guys, since I'm not trying to impress anyone.

And lol reading the app reviews people keep mentioning Kei and how annoying he is (is it a "negging" thing I wonder?) and they feel motivated to prove him wrong by succeeding at the fitness tasks.

I'll report back if I decide to try this... you know, for science.

Maybe I'll unlock the secret ending where I can stay fat!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:33:07 AM by Vixey »

IchigoToSatou

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
  • Liked: 0
  • "It's alright, we can dance all night..."
    • Share Post
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 09:40:35 PM
It's finally getting an English version? 8D
I played it a little, a few months back *I was curious* XD
Not crazy about there being English voice acting...
*But hey, that's just my preference* ^^"
《 Currently Playing 》
◆ Be My Princess PARTY : Keith Alford
◆ Samurai Love Ballad PARTY : Oda Nobunaga
◇ Midnight Cinderella : Sid
◇ Destined To Love : Saito

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 02:45:10 AM
You can choose to have the English dub or have Japanese dub with English subs. You can set it in your profile.

[member=19266]Vixey[/member]
Well you could cheat by just tapping and not actually do the exercise.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:48:44 AM by Sakuragawa »

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 06:00:58 AM
After thinking about it the entire day, I decided to look at it in the Apple App Store. The only one in English is the "for guys" paid app version. The bishounen game appears only in Japanese, but it looks free... with in-app purchases. Though there are two of them, and I cannot know how to differentiate between them aside from how the in-app purchases page has one in English and the other in Japanese.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 06:48:11 AM
The itunes app doesn't seem to have been updated yet, so I think it isn't available in English yet. One is in Japanese and the other is in Chinese.
Quote from: comment on fb in reply to iOS question
"App it will launch during July at the latest.
It is currently in the final debug."

The official English site doesn't even say it's out yet. Still says coming soon.

clioxclio

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 02:34:31 PM
Out of curiosity, is there any updates one this one?

To be honest, this piqued my curiosity. Sorta curious what kind of game it would be.
(In before, getting all the pictures by doing all the exercises correctly xD)

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 07:24:14 PM
Ah, they added the iOS English translation on June 28! Reinstalling now. I am so gonna do this to see if it INSPIRES ME.

...They are trolling me. I still only see Japanese. A reviewer says that it is on the profile page somewhere, but I don't even know what the profile page is. XD

Ah, there it goes. How to find change this game to English:
Title page > Profile (third button) > Language (bottom button) > Japanese with English subs (second button) or English (third button). You have to get out of that menu for it to reset to the other language. They even have Taiwanese subs. =w=

"Train in untimed mode to earn Moevation Medals!" :rofl:

So there is the main part, which is nine episodes, locked Love Episodes that says something about cooking, locked Beautiful Legs (Squats) Episodes, and locked Bust Up (Push-up) episode.

OTL Who voice acted the English version? I can imagine the Japanese guy unashamedly voicing his role because *coughH* anime, ads, and all that can get questionable, but this must be some foreign territory for this English-speaker... unless he is a person formerly interested in Japanese popular culture.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:08:14 AM by Aiwethryne »

VOXX

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: iOS
Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 02:58:34 PM
If there was a "running" gauge apart from the squats and situps, I would be so down with this app XD

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 05:18:23 PM
With iOS8 at least, there is an undeleteable Health app that passively records steps and running/walking distance in the background, so I guess that can be worked in conjunction with Nensho. But I'm a compulsive pacer when I am outdoors, and, back when I only had my 3DS, getting game currency and Streetpasses from moving around made me want to do the distance. Trying to get this generation active by way of gaming and achievement. =w=

Well, this is my entire reaction when first playing this game, read from the bottom-up. I am so good at making live commentary.
Spoiler  Hidden:
Aiwethryne:
He asked, which is more important to you? Graduating or ice cream? She answered ice cream. XD
Today at 12:26:40 AM

Aiwethryne:
Since he's some semi-famous idol, he doesn't NEED to help her, but he thinks that if she does not try to lose weight even a little, it may impact the theatre troupe, which includes him, and she'd flunk out of school.
Today at 12:25:34 AM

Vixey:
ah, so it's not negging? that's what it sounded like and I was all nopenopenope don't need that
Today at 12:18:35 AM

Aiwethryne:
The dude's not as abrasive as I thought, though. Rather, the situation is too funny to take it as seriously as a being blatantly negative. Seems he earnestly wants to help, but his mouth wants to make fun of her. As such with the oresama types.
Today at 12:02:07 AM

Vixey:
omg you're playing the misogynistic fat shaming fitness otoge :o
August 04, 2015, 11:46:43 PM

Aiwethryne:
This chick's delusions are so idealistic. Of course all the fantasy men will grovel and say you're beautiful as is.
August 04, 2015, 11:36:22 PM

Aiwethryne:
I'm relearning science from this guy.
August 04, 2015, 11:18:51 PM

Aiwethryne:
*dies of laughter*
August 04, 2015, 11:15:20 PM

Aiwethryne:
You must be surrounded by fit people to awaken your femininity!
August 04, 2015, 11:15:10 PM

Aiwethryne:
Pish. Honored tradition. MC's mother is like, we women all get married before age 20! You must marry soon, but you're so fat! Lose weight to get married! Yaaarrrrr!!!!
August 04, 2015, 11:13:25 PM

Aiwethryne:
I guess this is the benefit of two phones. It looks like the file size is too large after installing Twitter for my locked account for spam, so it closes Nensho if I change screens. Makes it hard to do commentary that way.
August 04, 2015, 11:06:49 PM

Aiwethryne:
Since he keeps calling her fattie, I decided to name her Fattie.
August 04, 2015, 10:59:08 PM

Aiwethryne:
Why does it have a Twitter bonus when I see nothing about that in the training, and even the thing says that the costume I made him wear requires a review of the app, which I did not do. Unless it knows I'm chatting about it. o__o Haha, no.
August 04, 2015, 10:53:36 PM

Aiwethryne:
If you say no to going back to the title screen, it will still send you to the title screen.
August 04, 2015, 10:49:28 PM

Aiwethryne:
Oh, you can buy costumes by training. =w=
August 04, 2015, 10:39:26 PM

Aiwethryne:
Interesting that it has sensors to see if you're actually doing the thing or faking it, but it also had false positives because I just stared at it in confusion for three reps and it counted them.
August 04, 2015, 10:35:57 PM

Aiwethryne:
That was so weird. I thought my phone turned off, but it was in "training mode."
August 04, 2015, 10:33:27 PM

Aiwethryne:
OTL I've never been able to do crunches before. Or at least figured it out. So much flexibility but no muscle strength.
August 04, 2015, 10:28:54 PM

Aiwethryne:
Unless they are going to accoustic route to make it sound like he's moving away.
August 04, 2015, 10:25:48 PM

Aiwethryne:
What the heck? It's like they suddenly changed microphones between lines.
August 04, 2015, 10:24:50 PM

Aiwethryne:
Oh! He pronounces things like he is aware of how things are pronounced in Japanese.
August 04, 2015, 10:23:53 PM

Aiwethryne:
Geez, who is voicing this? It is so much better than that hilarious English voice acting in Destiny Ninja.
August 04, 2015, 10:22:21 PM

Aiwethryne:
My dad must think I'm shrieking with laughter. Playing this game in English and not Japanese with subs just tickles me. I might lose more weight laughing.
August 04, 2015, 10:18:42 PM

clioxclio

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 12:19:36 PM
Perhaps you should do live commentary while playing the game indeed, Aiwethryne.

You make me curious to be honest. I wonder whether they have one for android yet?

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 11:48:23 PM
I just found this app on Android lol... he main guy is such an ass XD

hela

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 03:07:59 AM
So this is only my third otome, and I don't have much background with the character types. I'm playing it in English script, without sound, because I work out with my own music. I have my own character voices in my head that I can imagine, like a novel.

I'm enjoying this one because

1) My abs and thighs feel awesome and it's only been two weeks. Apparently even an average, slow-moving game with decent art will get me working out like I never have before. Even if the story is cheesy, it's working more than any other fitness app I've tried? I guess chasing a story is what works for me.

2) I know I'm not fat and have gotten over most of my body insecurities, so the fact that the main guy is fat-phobic doesn't bother me as much as it might have if I'd played this, say, 5 years ago, when I was more insecure. The fact that he's rude about it means I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone though. Ick.

3) My headcanon/analysis is that Kei has a body insecurity problem. He's projecting his own issues when he tells the MC that they're fat, which sort of makes him a tragic character and adds depth. Because he's so messed up, he's somehow tolerable because I want to see his insecurities reveal themselves, or I want to imagine them.

Cons:

1) Unrealistic workout goals that don't make sense. It takes 2000 squats to open to the next chapter in the squat section of the storylines? Ummm anything else I need to do for the rest of my body? That's an unbalanced workout.

At least let me mix up a routine with some sort of overall workout currency where I need a minimum of each type of exercise to open a chapter, but I can choose 200 squats, 200 crunches, etc instead of just 2000 squats. I've tried mixing it up by playing the situps and the squats storylines at the same time so that I get some squats and situps in every day, clearing both stories at the same time, but it still feels unbalanced.

Squats are HARD if you do them right, and doing 2000 in a reasonable time frame is ridiculous and monotonous.

You could argue that if you unlock all the modes, you can play them in parallel so that the game is recording squats, situps, pushups, etc all in one day and you are advancing in each storyline, but the storylines are not running parallel- they are running one after the other, so you're going to be spoiling some of it for yourself.

2) I just did 1000 squats. I deserve a longer chapter.  :angry2: It doesn't feel worth it if you think about what you actually did to get to a chapter, even if it does feel sweet in the moment when you unlock it.

Has anyone bought the extension? Does it get better? Right now I'm playing the free sections for giggles and workout motivation, but I don't know if my interest will hold when I finish those.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:10:15 AM by hela »

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 05:48:12 AM
That would be a plausible background story for Kei, but I doubt stories like these are all that deep in their characters.

I... want to open this app again. It's just sitting on my phone, and I am still curious what else is happening in it. I guess that it is good that instead of relying on a rude bishie to scold me into health, I have since been taking martial arts and feel like I have grown in skill and have some sort foundation in self-defense. It's like the difference of feeling the pressure from a real human judging my clumsiness and a pixel man who cannot actually coach me while trapped in a soundproof square.

But squats are SO much easier and less boring than doing a correct sei ping ma for a minute...

hela

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: N/A
Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 10:53:49 PM
It doesn't hurt to try it. It sounds like you won't be struggling too hard through the first few since you already exercise regularly. :smile: Like I said, though, I think I would not recommend it since it's not very nice. Some people don't do well with that sort of reinforcement.

Yeah, I doubt the characters are built much beyond what you see on the screen, but it's always fun to think about for me. Especially in some games where there are spin-offs and you can see different situations in which they have to react.

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?