collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Shoujo Experiences  (Read 9637 times)

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
on: February 14, 2014, 07:00:08 PM
Since it is Valentine's Day, or, if you prefer, Single's Awareness Day, let's share some stories~ This can be about anything related to love, like, relationship, and heartache. Otome games and shoujo manga are full of that, right? It does not matter whether or not it is Valentine's Day because this is just another topic to get people active~

Oh, and here is a random doodle I made a few days ago that happened to fit the week.

I shall go first~ It is somewhat long, so I just made the text smaller. This pretty much highlights how much I hang on people's words. I'm such a lunchboxy simpleton.

Spoiler  Hidden:
1) Through the majority of high school, I had what I suppose would be considered my own harem of guys. They would walk with me to class or the car, carrying my bags and supplies. If I ordered them to buy me food, they would gladly use their own money to feed me. They just automatically did that every day, so I affectionately called them my "maids." A couple of them occasionally argued as to which was Maid #1 and Maid #2, and some would even remark during class how obvious it was that I was often surrounded by at least three guys. It was particularly remarkable for me, since I was still rather reserved around other people and probably came off as the quiet type. Almost all of them had girlfriends, so the fact that my existence never seemed threatening to anyone sort of proves that nothing was going to happen~

2) Of course, one of my maids freaked out one day when he saw me in the morning, saying he had a dream about me. He was too embarrassed to say it aloud, so he wrote in his journal that he dreamed we were dating and that he kissed me. I made no reaction to this and gave the journal back. The very day before he referred to how he had a long-distance relationship with his girlfriend. Everything was back to normal by the end of the hour.

3) I confessed to a boy through a letter that I had typed and printed out. I kept thinking of how this was too much like a shoujo manga, being a dorky girl doing something as spineless as not expressing herself in person. However, this was beyond anything I had done, so I was at least proud that I merely had the guts to do even part of the action. I was well aware that I knew almost nothing about this person, and there was an overshadowing issue as to his preferences. He was from a different school, and I was older than him. I fully accepted that a parting would happen, even before anything had the chance to begin.

In my letter, I wrote that he was cute and we could just start as friends. I showed the letter to one of his schoolmates, and before I could back down she snatched the paper and immediately sped over to give it to him. All of the girls I was hanging out with called this an adorable "summer love," but it was anything but that. He started hitting people with basketballs, accusing them of setting up and encouraging this. He never targeted me, though. When I forced myself to spend time with him, honestly speaking with him for the first time, he asked me such obtrusive questions, saying that he hates people like me. I could tell from this interaction that nothing was going to go forward. Interestingly enough, he actually texted me. Since I am terrible at keeping up with text messages, I managed to make two weak replies before the correspondence wordlessly ended altogether.

4) My art class was painting the wall, and I was standing on a table, giving directions because progress seemed to be regressing. My classmate suddenly commented that the way I move my hands reminds him of a cat, since I am extremely emotive with hand gestures.

5) Guys always tell me that I have the cutest sneezes, and they pat me on the head.
Though the head patting always offends me a little because of shoujo manga.

6) A guy I knew because of a program we were both once in approached me and started sniffing me. I was horrified by the invasion of space, so I backed away. He said that I smelled good, thinking that it was lotion or a spray. In truth, I had not showered the previous day, but I said that I only use a generic shampoo, nothing else. His final remark was that "it must be your own scent." I mentally squealed.

7) One of my classmates, who I had barely spoken with, in spite of being in school with him for years, congratulated me for an award I got when we were standing next to each other. I was too scared to speak and did not look at him. When graduation came around shortly after, as lame as this seems, he was the only person to acknowledge me. He congratulated me once more. It was odd because he was obviously not saying this to everyone. He was saying this to me, the awkward loner who he had once witnessed crying over grades. I felt like I was being pitied. Still, I highly appreciated the gesture and spun around with a bright smile, calling out, "Thank you!"

8) A cute guy would always talk with me on Wednesdays because he would see me doodling. I try to be cheerful to make a good impression, so he keeps asking me questions about art. Wherever I walk around, he seems to gravitate towards me, handing me snacks and saying that he'll split food with me. Even now, I do not know what to make of this. As recently as two days ago we were walking across campus, and I told him that where I needed to go was in the complete opposite direction. He said that he was following me, yet there I was thinking that I was following him. We got shocked when our hands touched. *dork* A mascot giving out free hugs came up to us, and I only knew about this because I am part of the school newspaper. "A dollar for a kiss," the mascot said, pulling out a Hershey's Kisses a moment later. It is probably all in my head, but I could not help but feel like she thought that we were dating.

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=846.0
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:02:35 AM by Aiwethryne »
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

Advertise Here

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 32
    • Share Post
    • http://ayas-dream-world.tumblr.com
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:39:22 PM
This really reminds that back in High School I was a member of what I believe now it was our own Ouran High School....or more or less a Host Club.
And really going back to now everyone filled the role of the guys from the 'anime' and then some. I sort of filled the combo of both the Haruhi and one of the twins. Lol. We did everything from planning trips to even doing some random events at lunch or after school. So in a sense I had my own small harem of guys, and I still keep in contact with every single one of them. :giggle:
I still regard every single one of them as 'Friends for life'....was never that good at having female friends. We'll accept the odd two I have right now. But other than that the guys I made doing that is something we keep going till we are all in an old peoples home shouting "Get off my lawn!" Everything hour lol

We actually plan on meeting up soon and cosplaying as them....But I have to don a male outfit. Lol
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

- Something To Make You Smile Yours Sincerely Aya -

gulamelaka

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
    • http://gula-melaka.blogspot.com
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:12:53 AM
Wow Maika, that's a lot of shoujo in your life! Or should I say shonen... you seem to always be surrounded by guys!

Aya >> Doesn't matter if they're guys or girls, if you can find a group of friends who are so closely-knitted and you feel that way for, you're fortunate. =) ooh totally interested in that cosplay. It'll be cute since you guys are friends and all. And a real reverse harem imitating fiction... :P

I kinda had my own reverse harem too back when I was in college. Because I was in an anime club and I'm usually the only girl without a curfew who'd join in all the outings. Our female club advisor/lecturer would always join in too, and she's now our dear friend. I had a crush on one of the guys, who was interested in another female member. They got together, and it was painful to watch since we're all always hanging out together. During my period of depression (nothing clinical or serious), another guy confessed to me and said that he'd wait, and he'd do his best to stop smoking (because I hated it and mentioned I wouldn't date a smoker). I didn't accept his feelings, but we were pretty close for a few months. Valentine's arrived and he came by my house to give me a rose (I was busy with work to join club activities much around that time). Days later, I had to find out from Facebook that he started a relationship with one of our new club member of 2 weeks. Okay... |:<
GREE]
BMP: Suzanne
MSB: Suzanne
CD: Suzune

I daydream because reality isn\'t enough <3

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:50:30 PM
Oh, my gosh. That sounds so complicated, gulamelaka. @__@ One of the paid members of my school's newspaper always smokes with all the other smokers in the group, and he says that he cannot date a person who says she does not want a smoker. He calls his smoking "protection" for everyone, since he gets crankier when he does not appease his addiction. Had a whole conversation the day before Valentine's Day about relationships. I guess that he is more married to his work because he says that if he were in a relationship, he would only have maybe fifteen minutes of time to spend with her. If she wanted to go out to a movie, he would likely only be able to leave her with a cup of hot coffee because he is too busy.

I had my first crush in first grade, or something. The boy had a crush on one of the girls who was held back, but she was very pretty. Then years later my mother would rub it in my face that I used to go around telling her that he would be my boyfriend one day. XDDDD;;;

gulamelaka

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
    • http://gula-melaka.blogspot.com
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 08:07:00 PM
I went back and read the paragraph I wrote, I never realized I made it sound so complex. |D My club members and I had more drama than that going on around us that time, we'd actually make comments saying "someone should totally make anime about us". lol

Haha, so much attitude. Well, to each their own. Although it sounds sad to me to be so busy with work to do anything else.

Oh gosh, childhood crushes are so embarrassing because the likelihood of confessing is so high. Then when you're all grown up and someone reminds you of it... I had a guy teasing me because of what I said when I was younger. Epic denial, and inside I was like (/A) nooooo quick, erase memoryyy.

peebles1234

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:28:46 PM
My story is all sadness.   My best friend was my boyfriend in high school.  We started dating at 16.  He was a bit of
the jealous type, but he loved me so much.  He would always tell me how much I meant to him.  And when we made love it was always so special and well the best ever. He knew me inside and out.  Unfortunately he was a bad boy.  Didn't follow the rules and was always in some kind of trouble.  I was with him for 7 years.  One day I had had enough of his bad behavior.  I was in college and trying to make a better life and he just wasn't.  I was tired of always bailing him out.
So I left him.  It was not a good break up.  Eventually we did become friends again after a year.  We would talk on the phone and joke about the past.  I even told him that if he would straighten up I would love to be with him again.
One night I was  at a party.  I was drunk and decided to call him.  He was laughing cuz I was being so silly on the phone.  He was going out that night. I told him to be careful.  He said,  "You know I love you, right?"   And I said yes and then I told him I loved him too.
That night he died in a car accident.   Ive often thought what my life would be like if he was still here...
Im so greateful that at least I was able to tell him I loved him one more time.

Didn't want to depress anyone, but  it's something I wanted to share. Ive had time to come to terms with all this so I don't want pity or sympathy.   But if anyone else here has gone through this they can relate to someone.

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 03:04:54 AM
Thank you so much for sharing, peebles. That tugged at my heart strings. Knowing how often people do not get to say how much they care for the other before it is too late makes me wish that I were a little more proactive in my life so that I would not have those types of regrets.

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 01:55:51 PM
That was such a sweet but sad story Peebles, and true it did tugged at my heart strings as we'll.

I'm going to be really weird now and tell my mothers story as I originally found it interesting. Lol

--->My mother had two best friends at school around the age of what was it ? 8?  A really quiet shy guy from Japan and a happy go lucky guy from Australia.They hit it off as both where transfer students at the same time and ironically was put in the same class as her, since my mother is drawn to helpless lol she befriended them in no time. They where always around each other and basically did everything. As my mom was like me, barely had any girl friends at school lol.
According to her they got to the age of 13 and both of the guys started having feelings for her..(Naturally lol) But my mom had feelings for my dad and Uncle Aussie (his dubbed nickname) knew this. But right at the time of her showing feelings, my dad had to go back home to Japan as his dad had finished everything he needed to do in England.
This tore at my mothers heart a lot, but she never revealed her feelings. But according to my "uncle" he had a quiet five minutes just before my dad went home. According to their stories for this, me uncle revealed that she likes my dad but also at the same time he actually likes her, but he would gladly give her up for him...O.o So they made a pact, that my dad would eventually come back to her and my uncle to always look out for her.
Since my mother was always one of these people who had the "Love that got away" attitude, she never dated any one after that. True to his word my uncle was always there for her.

8 years go by.....And my uncle Aussie planned a surprise birthday party for her. And not telling anyone my dad was also invited as he finally managed to finish his university courses and was available to do what he wanted. We'll I suppose you know what happened after that lol. Waiting love for over 12 years, they managed to finally get to together on my mothers birthday. Got engaged 8 months after that, married a year after and a year and half down the line, they had me and my brother.

But what happened to Uncle Aussie you may ask? He still around like a bad rash, as he officially became my uncle just after me and my brother where born as he started dating my dads sister, and they married a week after our 3 year old birthday.

Moral to this story is they are still best buds even after over 30 years or so.  :cool: And we'll see each other basically everyday.

:coffee: This always made me think that my parents had a West  Tokyo otome love story lol. My grand parents had a Class Trip one lol, as their all boy/girl schools where next to each other and only got together to do stuff like plays and trips together. And hold and behold they got together on a play but not a trip. Hehe

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 12:20:05 AM
Ooooh, that– That–! Ahh, it– *flails legs* I demand that your mother's life be made into a sappy movie, NOW.

My mother claimed to have had a stalker when she was in college. That's all I know.

peebles1234

• Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 02:14:48 AM
Wow, LadyAyaRose, what a sweet story!   It really could be a romantic kinda movie or even a manga!  I love to know that there is real love out in the world!

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 08:34:03 PM
I remind my mother many times that her life is good enough to be a drama. But she never believes me haha

Magna Carta

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 10:36:27 AM
Oh my gawd that story Aya. Urghh too much too much, that was great. Wish I could have a romance like that.
I'm curious though if you don't mind me saying, what happened between your (lol great nickname) Uncle Aussie and your mum in those 8 years? It was a great story I need to fill up on in it more :laugh:
Here something to brighten up your day.

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 03:02:27 PM
Nah I don't mind. Besides it's not my life anyway hehe.

Friends with benefits.....We'll kinda.

They lived together for four years up and around that birthday. Saved them a lot of money as his parents actually went back home...How ironic...But he stayed behind for the English colleges.

And besides our family is extended and we get together basically every week. We'll not me right now but you get the drift. But since our family has like three cultures now even on my grans yard right now in Japan 60% of the time we speak English lol. Mainly due to the fact Uncle Aussie has a very very heavy Aussie accent and we take the Mickey out of him every time he speaks Japanese. Slightly evil on that half, so he's given up speaking the language around us lol. Still find it funny when we make him go to the shop and we sneakily attached a voice recorder to him and play it back and still laugh.
Which now I think about it also could be another trigger on why I forgot a hell of a lot when I moved :tongue:

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 11:25:20 PM
*snickers immaturely* I have one horrifying event that happened to me that is relevant to this type of thing, but I would only be comfortable talking about it on a private chat. LOL

Well, as very shoujo-istic as Aya's mother's story is, I would not want to have a love like that. Losing my significant other for years is not really ideal for me, and I would rather not have "the one who got away" regrets.

LadyAyaRose

• Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 10:39:41 AM
You know speaking of the "One that got Away" I still can't get an answer on how she felt during all the years. :| I suppose if it was hard you wouldn't want to relive the feelings....But it was over 20 years ago this happened. Doesn't matter anymore lol. Ah well let by gones be by gones aye.

I still need to experience my True Love.....My friend insists I have it, but I got 6 of them..I got confused, then figured out she was talking about my long term friends of mine. And I went "No Way, be to weird"
/scratches head.
I even used to bathe with one....When I was really young...I mean really young. /cough lol

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Auto Shoujo Title

Started by Aiwethryne on General Discussions

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2014, 02:00:20 AM
by Aiwethryne

* Cafe Chat

Refresh History
  • Keyra: it's a shame its no longer active
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:45 AM
  • Keyra: Hi i just rediscovered this again
    November 23, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Wow! Can't believe there's still visitors
    August 22, 2023, 12:08:14 AM
  • Lilwyn: Stopping by to say Hello! :)
    August 18, 2023, 05:44:07 AM
  • SushiMartyr: nonetheless, I feel satisfied with the job I’ve done
    June 30, 2023, 03:15:00 PM
  • SushiMartyr: (fr tho, Tomo-kun is my one and only husbando)
    June 30, 2023, 03:14:11 PM
  • SushiMartyr: It doesn’t seem like anyone’s still here, so no one’s probably around to see me defend my best boi from Scarlet Fate xD
    June 30, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
  • SushiMartyr: Hi
    June 30, 2023, 07:20:37 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Hello to anyone who's still here in 2023  :wave:
    March 27, 2023, 03:29:52 AM
  • Godingame: Is there a community somewhere for the cinderella contract?
    March 01, 2022, 07:22:30 AM
  • Sakuragawa: Another new year, it's 2021. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
    March 28, 2021, 07:45:11 PM
  • KoronoChoi: dandelion wishes
    April 18, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
  • Sakuragawa: The last post was from 2018 and now it is 2020... Hello everyone, hope you are well  :rofl:
    January 05, 2020, 07:31:10 AM
  • Amavanna: Hey I'm looking for some Invites for the games I play can you guys add me, my codes are Angel or devil: HwTcTPa4V2 Hero in Love: B9J4rQDvK2 Never look back: Jf7LG1Xq7c Cant say no: GEYDwJpPju Lost island: GijCVsxGSi Mononoke Kiss: LuyDJDxHhG Magic Sword: Kq2heLxqqn
    October 02, 2018, 02:13:37 PM
  • Amavanna: Hey new here everyone doing ok?
    October 02, 2018, 02:00:30 PM
  • Lilwyn: Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I last stopped by, how is everything?
    October 02, 2018, 03:33:45 AM
  • HakuokiScientia: Is there a CG or a walkthrough for Is it love Peter here? Haven't found around when I googled it :(
    October 02, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: @harumia Hi! Welcome to KC :) How are you doing?
    September 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM
  • harumia: Hi hi! I'm fairly new here (tho I've known KC for years). How are you all?
    September 06, 2018, 06:21:03 PM
  • Mortis: destiny ninja touch my heart spin-off walkthrough
    July 26, 2018, 08:11:25 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Thank you! I checked the group's website and found it! I'm so happy I finally find a decent walkthrough ^^
    June 01, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
  • Sakuragawa: @BloodyDagger after a bit of Googling, it seems that a walkthrough should be included should be included with the English patch? The person/group that's making the the patch linked a JP walkthrough too.
    May 31, 2018, 09:20:56 PM
  • BloodyDagger: Hello, i'm new here, does anyone know where I could get a walkthrough for the pc game aniversary no kuni no alice? I've been searching far and wide and I still can't find it ....
    May 31, 2018, 02:17:19 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Ikemen Revolution is out for Android and iOS! [link]
    May 31, 2018, 12:14:47 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:33:14 AM
  • Oichi: code realize
    May 24, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    March 05, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
  • Faith@p: Hii
    March 02, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
  • Faith@p: Hi
    March 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
  • Stulluna: Hello, is anyone online?
    March 01, 2018, 03:05:09 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Actually, just to clarify, are you talking about the paid version or the party version?
    February 14, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: No, sorry :(
    February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
  • cain0425: if that case is there any tips you could give on getting the super happy ending for the game?
    February 07, 2018, 09:32:37 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Possibly but unlikely anytime soon :(
    February 06, 2018, 01:50:34 PM
  • cain0425: will there ever be update on season 3 or season 4 walkthrough of My Forged Wedding you guys only have up to season 2.
    February 06, 2018, 02:37:51 AM
  • RukiKei: Enchanted in the moonlight
    January 18, 2018, 08:03:36 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Hi!
    January 16, 2018, 06:00:42 PM
  • Emi Nguyen: Hi
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:54 AM
  • Emi Nguyen: Emi Nguyen
    January 05, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
  • kokoro-cafe: Happy Holidays too Sakuragawa!
    December 05, 2017, 02:44:10 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Holidays!  :wave:
    November 23, 2017, 02:47:48 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Made some great memories here and met some nice people.
    November 11, 2017, 03:31:16 AM
  • Sakuragawa: I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I want to say that I'm thankful for the existence of KC.  :heart:
    November 11, 2017, 03:29:54 AM
  • angle: hi
    November 05, 2017, 09:55:07 PM
  • Sakuragawa: Happy Halloween ehe
    November 01, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
  • Dawn Skinner: Contract marraige
    September 26, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
  • Satharn: :)
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:31 PM
  • Satharn: Hey there
    September 23, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
  • kokoro-cafe: What game is ths for?