collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  [Review] Purrfectly Ever After Kickstarter  (Read 7554 times)

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
on: June 25, 2015, 02:39:51 AM

Purrfectly Ever After

~~~

A couple days ago Kokoro Cafe received an invite to demo a new game in the works and is currently on Kickstarter. I was very impressed with the game just by looking over the promo video and press kit that was sent out to me. So much so that I decided to give this game a try.

Some background on the story before we dive into the demo review.  The game is centered around the leader of a cat burglar group in a city called Shin Kyotokyo. The leader of this group is a spirited cat named Pastel. The game begins with Pastel on a mission to rescue her friend and fellow burglar from the police. After an adventure of trying to avoid her own capture and coming in contact with several men who helped her escape, she makes the difficult decision to disband the group for everyone's safety. That night a magical being arrives to grant her wish of being human so that she doesn't have to steal again. What adventures await her as a new human?

Just the artwork in this game is worth the time to give this game a try. I'm absolutely in love with this style of background art, it was probably my favorite part of the demo and what caught my attention first.  The background really helped immerse the reader into the game. The character styles are quite pretty too, even though I'm not in love with the character design I do like the style in which they are done.

In the game Pastel runs into several date-able character as she tries to escape and the reader gets to know some of their personality before getting the option to choose who the player would like to pursue.  There are plenty of guys to choose from in this game although two of them came off pretty similar to me (they even have similar hairstyles).  Aside from that you have your pretty standard lineup of men, the quiet mysterious one, the mean one, the ridiculously gorgeous one, the nice guy, and the bad boy with a heart of gold.  I'm partial to bad boys so I know which one I will probably be picking first. :love: Also, every date-able guy is voiced in Japanese which makes the game that much more fun for me to play. I don't know about you guys but men talking to me in a foreign language is pretty sexy.

The story itself also peaked my interest. It sounded like a really fun game to play in the press kit summary and for the most part was quite enjoyable. I found it a little hard to relate to the main character though as I've never been a cat before and I found myself constantly asking "If I was a cat in her position would I actually ever be attracted to a human?" My answer every time was a no, I would be like "Ew, fur-less two legged giants. Gross." Unless, you know, I was fed with treats, then I would love that human but would still think humans are ugliest beings ever.

Anyway off topic. Overall though, the game is pretty great and has great potential. The graphic quality is superb, the story so far is pretty good and the music (although it sounds really familiar) is top-notch as well. Also even if I couldn't relate to the main character much, the nicknames she gave to some of the guys in the game did make her pretty endearing to the player. I highly recommend people to check it out and help fund their Kickstarter to get this game made!

***Also as a side note, I noticed that people can request a demo of the game on Kickstarter for anyone that's interested. This game will be available for iOS and Android. You will need a device with iOS 8 to try the demo.***

The Guys:

~~~

For more information, visit:
Kickstarter
Tumblr
Facebook
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font][/color]

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=1543.0
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:01:13 PM by kokoro-cafe »

Advertise Here

Arisa-chan

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 05:15:26 AM
 :cool2: :cool2: that's maybe the most gorgeous background I've seen all this time
I might give this game a chance  :heart:

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 06:08:43 AM
I agree, the backgrounds really caught my attention which was why I was so excited to try the game. =D

Sakuragawa

• Cafe Addict
  • Liked: 7
  • Gian = love //
    • Share Post
    • Twitter
  • Mobile Device OS: Android
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 06:19:37 AM
How big was the file size?

Too bad it's not for PC.

Fujihime

• Cafe Visitor
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 07:43:15 AM
This is the creator of Purrfectly Ever After. Thank you Kokoro-cafe for the review! We hope that you enjoyed the game demo. Hope that this kickstarter is a success so that we can produce more games!

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 06:11:38 PM
[member=17962]Sakuragawa[/member] It's about 16.6 MB but the demo only covers the prologue portion so it will definitely be much bigger when complete.

[member=963]Fujihime[/member] No problem, I wish you luck on the kickstarter and game! =D

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: Purrfectly Ever After Kickstarter

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game News

0 Replies
Last post August 18, 2015, 08:27:20 PM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
[Kickstarter] A Very Important Date Kickstarter & Game Demo

Started by kokoro-cafe on Otome Game News

0 Replies
Last post November 16, 2016, 06:09:49 PM