collapse

* Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Recent Posts

Author Topic:  Anyone else love Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) games?  (Read 6258 times)

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 44
    • Share Post
    • http://www.kokoro-cafe.net
  • Mobile Device OS: Android & iOS
Have to share this with Ace Attorney fans~~ I was game browsing on Play-Asia and came across the newest game for the Ace Attorney series Gyakuten Saiban 5.  I'm completely hooked on this series but all of the newer games in this series never focused on Phoenix Wright which made me kind of disappointed.  This new game makes Phoenix the main character again so I'm psyched.  Apparently there's plans to localize the game too!  Definitely looking in to buying a 3DS now.  :eat: Anyone else as excited as I am??

Play-Asia: Gyakuten Saiban 5

Linkback: https://kokoro-cafe.net/index.php?topic=446.0
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

foreverfriendsg

• Cafe Lover
  • Liked: 0
    • Share Post
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:44:40 PM
I played the iOS app for it (only the first 2 cases since they were free, the rest are paid and my parents forbid me from buying games -.-") and it was really addicting! Wish I could play more~ and coincidentally I was playing that app when one of my BMP mates wrote on my wall that she found that game fun too. I'm guessing there are a few otome gamers out there who play Ace Attorney too?

Something similar is Cause of Death (only available on Apple), where you have to make choices that affect what happens later too. I saw the sister app for it (Surviving High School) in the list of games here btw. Anyway, CoD is one of my favourite games and so far my longest playing game (I started playing when it first came out in 2010, and I'm still playing - incidentally, I played today).
GREE ID: foreverfriendsg/688911473
BMP: Tohru Honda, Joshua
Finished]Edward[/color] (SHE), Roberto (SHE), Glenn (SHE)
Ninjalove]Hanzo[/color]
Finished: Kotaro (SHE)
Destiny Ninja] Itsuki Amamiya[/color], with Benkei. (Finished]Hyosuke[/color] - Sweet Ending, Yoshitsune - Sweet Ending)

OtomeBabe

• Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 35
    • Share Post
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:33:00 PM
wow, can't believe I found other people who plays CoD and SHS here. My mondays and thursdays weren't not complete without playing them. I love the story line, the characters, and dialogues in CoD. So thrilling! I stop playing them now cause I can't keep up with all updates (specially from Voltage)

Aiwethryne

• Cafe Manager
  • Cafe Neighbor
  • Liked: 38
  • Stalker of the Unseelie Court... Laughing at Smut
    • Share Post
    • Illustrious Fathoms
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:50:27 PM
A lot of my friends are fanatical about Ace Attorney, so I know a sheer minimum about it. Had fun with those OBJECTION memes where you can make your own scenarios and such using what I assume were ripped portions of the game... I don't remember more than that.

But all my otome games are taking too much of my time to even play stuff on my 3DS. My poor other games.
Click for my game codes
(Or go to my forum profile bio)

...REEEAAAAHH.

foreverfriendsg

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:32:16 AM
Quote from: "Marie"
wow, can't believe I found other people who plays CoD and SHS here. My mondays and thursdays weren't not complete without playing them. I love the story line, the characters, and dialogues in CoD. So thrilling! I stop playing them now cause I can't keep up with all updates (specially from Voltage)

Well, I used to play SHS but after a while I realised I didn't care for the high school drama storyline. Meh, it's probably because I've seen enough in real life, I don't need the game version as well~ but I'm still playing CoD! Speaking of which, the new episode is out, off to play~

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:01:54 AM
Quote from: "foreverfriendsg"
I played the iOS app for it (only the first 2 cases since they were free, the rest are paid and my parents forbid me from buying games -.-") and it was really addicting! Wish I could play more~ and coincidentally I was playing that app when one of my BMP mates wrote on my wall that she found that game fun too. I'm guessing there are a few otome gamers out there who play Ace Attorney too?

I don't even remember why I picked up Ace Attorney lol I think I was just looking for more DS games at the time and I got hooked so fast. Played through all three games in a month and I've been waiting for them to make more but all the new ones don't seem to quite measure up.  :cry: They are still fun in their own right though.

Quote from: "Aiwethryne"
A lot of my friends are fanatical about Ace Attorney, so I know a sheer minimum about it. Had fun with those OBJECTION memes where you can make your own scenarios and such using what I assume were ripped portions of the game... I don't remember more than that.

But all my otome games are taking too much of my time to even play stuff on my 3DS. My poor other games.

Haha I agree otome games take up so much time~~~ but if you get a chance I highly recommend it.  It's so silly and cute~ I love it so much!

foreverfriendsg

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 10:13:01 AM
Quote from: "kokoro-cafe"
I don't even remember why I picked up Ace Attorney lol I think I was just looking for more DS games at the time and I got hooked so fast. Played through all three games in a month and I've been waiting for them to make more but all the new ones don't seem to quite measure up.  :cry: They are still fun in their own right though.

Ahh, I'm so jealous! I don't own a DS (my parents are strict about gaming sigh, thank goodness I have iPhone) I would've loved to play that game and a few others on DS too. When you say the new ones, are you referring to the ones with Apollo Whats-his-name as the protagonist? I personally think that it's hard to keep the same standard throughout all the games, especially the longer-running ones. Still, something is better than nothing (unless it's super horrible), right?

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:21 AM
Quote from: "foreverfriendsg"

Ahh, I'm so jealous! I don't own a DS (my parents are strict about gaming sigh, thank goodness I have iPhone) I would've loved to play that game and a few others on DS too. When you say the new ones, are you referring to the ones with Apollo Whats-his-name as the protagonist? I personally think that it's hard to keep the same standard throughout all the games, especially the longer-running ones. Still, something is better than nothing (unless it's super horrible), right?

Yea, I meant the Apollo ones and the Edgeworth series.  It's not that I don't think those aren't as good but the characters just aren't as amusing as Phoenix Wright I think lol.  I'm just being biased because it's not my favorite main character.

I use to buy consoles left and right and I use to lug the portable ones with me everywhere I go but then I realized I don't actually use them much except for the DS and my phone so I stopped.  I think nowadays phones, ipods and ipads are a good console replacement so it no longer matters much anyway or I just grew out of that gaming phase lol.

foreverfriendsg

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 02:46:16 PM
Yea, I meant the Apollo ones and the Edgeworth series.  It's not that I don't think those aren't as good but the characters just aren't as amusing as Phoenix Wright I think lol.  I'm just being biased because it's not my favorite main character.

I use to buy consoles left and right and I use to lug the portable ones with me everywhere I go but then I realized I don't actually use them much except for the DS and my phone so I stopped.  I think nowadays phones, ipods and ipads are a good console replacement so it no longer matters much anyway or I just grew out of that gaming phase lol.

Well, I haven't played the others so I can't judge, but I think most people would like the original more (or at least use the original as a comparison to the new ones). I agree about phones and ipads being good console replacements, but the market for other gaming consoles will still be there until the day all the PS/DS/xbox games are available on these platforms as well. (I sure wouldn't mind, this means I can save $$$ on consoles and spend it on games XD)

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 05:41:39 AM
lol I can't imagine the phone being able to be on par with a normal playstation console though maybe a psp~~~

foreverfriendsg

• Cafe Lover
    • Share Post
Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 03:27:37 AM
lol I can't imagine the phone being able to be on par with a normal playstation console though maybe a psp~~~

Ahh, that's true as well. The phone version may end up being a subpar version of the PS version, but hey, if I get to play, I'm not going to complain (much)!  :tongue2:

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 05:45:16 AM
That's true lol it's just so hard to resist the games you can't play on it though~

gulamelaka

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
    • http://gula-melaka.blogspot.com
Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 03:48:52 AM
I'm sorry but I feel a horrible itch to revive this topic. *throws Phoenix Down*

Omgjsjeicsjrbjxkowc Ace Attorney is one of my favouritest game every! ;_; The story is interesting, the characters are all so quirky and charming, the script and puns ohhh. The localization teams really did an awesome job with inserting pop culture jokes and name puns. XD

Ace Attorney 5 has been out for awhile now! The graphics/sprites had a big upgrade. And I love how the focus is not only on Phoenix Wright, but it's shared among the 3 defense attorneys. As usual, the story was great. The only disappointment if the game is that the English release is only available as a digital release. I'd love to have a physical copy instead... ;_;

Side note: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney releasing in March, Ace Attorney123: Wright Selection (remake for 3DS!) releasing in April! <3
GREE]
BMP: Suzanne
MSB: Suzanne
CD: Suzune

I daydream because reality isn\'t enough <3

kokoro-cafe

• Cafe Owner
  • Cafe Neighbor
    • Share Post
Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:24:02 AM
Quote from: "gulamelaka"
I'm sorry but I feel a horrible itch to revive this topic. *throws Phoenix Down*

Omgjsjeicsjrbjxkowc Ace Attorney is one of my favouritest game every! ;_; The story is interesting, the characters are all so quirky and charming, the script and puns ohhh. The localization teams really did an awesome job with inserting pop culture jokes and name puns. XD

Ace Attorney 5 has been out for awhile now! The graphics/sprites had a big upgrade. And I love how the focus is not only on Phoenix Wright, but it's shared among the 3 defense attorneys. As usual, the story was great. The only disappointment if the game is that the English release is only available as a digital release. I'd love to have a physical copy instead... ;_;

Side note: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney releasing in March, Ace Attorney123: Wright Selection (remake for 3DS!) releasing in April! <3

Oooooo so it has been localized! Lol I've been waiting forever for them to localize the layton vs ace attorney too.  Now I have a reason to actually get the 3ds.  :grin2:

Anie

• Frequent Cafe Visitor
    • Share Post
Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 12:14:00 AM
SO looking forward to Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright oh lord! Hopefully they'll have a special 3DS bundle for me to buy for the occasion!

I have yet to play AA5 though... it sounds so amazing. q//H//q )

Share via facebook Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

xx
Ace Attorney Dual Destinies is on iOS XD

Started by kokoro-cafe on Other Game Discussions

0 Replies
Last post September 11, 2014, 09:00:40 PM
by kokoro-cafe
xx
Gyakuten Yoshiwara released for iOS.

Started by tickles on Otome Game News

3 Replies